Boots & Barkley Chicken Wrapped Rawhide Twists Reviews

Boots & Barkley Chicken Wrapped Rawhide Twists

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Five Inches of Pure Joy - Chicken Wrapped Rawhide oh Boy

Aug 29, 2011

Pros:The chicken, the rawhide, the combination, the size

Cons:Only available at Target

The Bottom Line: The Boots & Barkley Chicken-Wrapped Rawhide Twists put my dog in ecstasy with the first taste and kept her there with every following taste.

Five inches of chicken-wrapped rawhide twist has our labrador twisted in knots of joy. Dogs adore small rawhide twists; they're quick and tasty little snacks that don't overpower their digestive systems. They're light and not loaded with too many calories.  When wrapped with thin strips of chicken breast these become irresistible.

Our dogs have always had rather structured routines. Our current dog is no exception. She carries in the newspaper and earns a treat. I leave for work and she gets a treat puzzle that takes 30 minutes or more to solve. Since Labradors have reputations for being obsessive chewers, our mouthy little girl gets several rawhide treats during the day after specific activities.

She also has a rug reserved for very special treats and a pillow that she runs to when feeling down or nervous.  Life is full of routines but she created a new ceremony the moment she tasted the Boots & Barkley Chicken Wrapped Rawhide Twists.  From that first moment she took the twist and ran to her favorite rug - this routine is now a ritual and don't let anything stand in her way.

The twists are on thin five-inch rawhide sticks. They vary in thickness but the largest is probably no more than one quarter of an inch and the thinnest are much narrower. Small dogs will enjoy these as much as larger dogs, although I'd hesitate giving one to giant breeds. They'd be too tempted to gulp the twist rather than chew it.

The ingredients are simple - dried chicken and white rawhide. The chicken is a thin slice of meat that wraps around the twist. The chicken reminds me of the Kingdom Pets Chicken Jerky, except these resemble shaved meat.

The twists come packaged in a zipper-style bag. It contains warnings such as not for human consumption, could stain carpets (hasn't done anything to ours); it also reminds that these promote plaque and tartar reduction. I doubt very few dogs could resist chewing on these. The twists are available in several bag sizes but we've opted for the 100 count - at least for now.

This might be the best dog treat I've ever found from Target;  Boots & Barkley is a Target product and can only be found in their stores. If your dog has problems digesting rawhide, avoid these twists, otherwise, hurry to Target and buy several bags. Your dog will be forever grateful. Our dog has become quite passionate about a few things in life. Obviously this has become one of her passions. She actually cries just a little when they're in sight but out of reach.

Boots & Barkley Chicken Rawhide Twists - Aprox. 120 Count Bag

Product Detail:You are bidding on “Boots Barkley Chicken Rawhide Twists - Aprox. 120 Count Bag“ This item is NEW This item is being sold AS-IS unl...