Bosch Axxis WTV76100 Electric Dryer Reviews

$1,199.00

Falling apart after 2 years

Aug 27, 2010
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:Runs quietly.
Good for small space without venting to outside.

Cons:Control panel, top casing cracked after year.
Labels on control panel rub off too easily.

The Bottom Line: Buyer beware, get warranty that will cover repairs after two years.

We were first pleased with this dryer as a replacement for our Swedish-made Asko condenser dryer, which was a reliable workhorse for about 12 years. The Bosch Axxis WTV76100 Electric Dryer runs quietly, has an interior light and humidity sensors that detect the dryness of clothing. It also has timed settings to ensure clothes are dried completely. Unfortunately, the front control panel and top casing deteriorated and cracked, as if they weren't made to withstand the dryer's considerable heat. The plastic door frame around the dryer window also cracked, but fortunately did not fall off completely. Also, the labels (extra dry, dry, low heat, etc.) on the control panel and knob started to wear off after a year, as if they were painted on with some cheap coating (even a light wipe-down with a damp sponge removed lettering, making it nearly impossible to clean sufficiently). The dryer also requires continual (weekly) cleaning of the lint that builds up in interior vents leading to the condenser unit, which also needs to be washed to ensure that it functions optimally. We've only seen alarm lights once, when the drainage tube was accidentally cinched behind the dryer and couldn't expel water into our building's plumbing system. After adjusting the drainage tube to remove bends, it worked fine.

The Bosch washer is equipped with an internal water heater, which provides you with better and effective cleaning. You can wash clothes faster in this...