Bosch HBN5046AUC Electric Oven

A wonderful product

Nov 25, 2007

Pros:Space-saving design, yet large oven cavity, solid feel and quality, nice design, outside stays cool

Cons:A fan runs when in operation

The Bottom Line: Certainly recommended - a suberb product

After much searching for a built-in oven, we purchased a Bosch HBN5046 AUC. We didn’t have a lot of space to work with and so wanted a 27” inch wide oven, which was a good compromise between the usually much larger North American ovens and the smaller European ovens. We were leaning towards a smaller oven until we confirmed that many of our baking sheets would not fit in one. All our baking sheets fit in this oven.

Also, while just as big or bigger on the inside, this oven was much smaller on the outside – it doesn’t have a very large control panel, which in our mind was just a waste of space. This allowed us to maximize our cabinet space.

Though made in Italy, the oven is for the Canadian and US markets, approved by Underwriters Laboratory for both countries. We purchased it from a US-based discount store and imported it into Canada saving over $1500 compared to what our local Sears store would charge for it.

As noted, we love the size – big where it counts (in the oven cavity), and small on the outside saving cabinet space. All our pans and roasters fit inside, though we sometimes have to remove one or two of the three shelves. The oven has numerous functions, including true European convection (as separate element for that) and even dehydrate.

The oven is very solidly built (especially compared to my mother’s Viking built-in). We were very impressed that even when set to very high (it goes to 550 degrees) the door and edges remain completely cool to the touch (unlike our old range or my mother’s built-in). Sometimes, we wondered if the oven was really on, given how cool it was, but indeed it was. So, no more worrying about the children or others burning themselves.

The oven stays this cool partially by using a fan to circulate air around the outside of the own. We didn’t know about this feature until we first used it, and we sometimes find it annoying because the fan runs and runs after the oven is off until it is cool. This wouldn’t be a big deal except that the oven faces our table and so the fan blows on us while we’re eating. This is the only thing we kind of don’t like about the oven. However, we did learn that if you leave the door open a crack after you’re finished, the oven cools more quickly and the fan doesn’t run as long (only a few minutes).

The interior has two halogen lights, which are nice and which come on when the door is open or the oven is on and which can be controlled by a button.

There is a dial for the temperature, even though the temperature is shown on the digital display, which makes it quick and easy to set. The temperature default is 350 degrees, so half the time you don’t even need to set it. A great feature is that the oven lets you know via a beep that it has reached the desired temperature. It has a few buttons to set the clock and timer, and the controls can be locked out.

Bosch 800 Series 27 Stainless Steel Electric  Built-In Double Wall Oven - HBN8651SS

Bosch 800 Series 27 Stainless Steel Electric Built-In Double Wall Oven - HBN8651SS

4.1 Cu Ft/ Recessed 8 Pass Broil Element/ Timer With Cook Time And Delay Start Function/ European Convection Upper Oven/ Thermal Cooking Lower Oven/ E...
Abt Electronics

Bosch 800 Series 27 Stainless Steel Electric Built-In Single Wall Oven - HBN8451SS

4.1 Cu Ft. Capactiy/ Recessed 8 Pass Broil Element/ EcoClean 2-Hour Self-Clean Cycle/ Extra Large Door Window For Easy Monitoring Of Cooking Process/...

$2069.10

800 Series HBN8451UC 27 Electric Single Wall Oven with 4.1 cu. ft.  SmoothClose Door

800 Series HBN8451UC 27 Electric Single Wall Oven with 4.1 cu. ft. SmoothClose Door

Boschs 800 series 27 single wall oven is designed to be installed flush with your cabinetry for a beautiful look This wall oven features touch control...

$2064.60

Bosch 500 Series 27 Stainless Steel Electric Built-In Double Wall Oven - HBN5651SS

4.1 Cu Ft Large Capactiy/ Recessed 8 Pass Broil Element For Increased Capacity And Safety/ Extra Large Door Window For Easy Monitoring Of Cooking Proc...
Abt Electronics

Bosch 500 Series 27 Stainless Steel Electric Built-In Single Wall Oven - HBN5451SS

4.1 Cu Ft. Capactiy/ Recessed 8 Pass Broil Element For Increased Capacity And Safety/ EcoClean 2-Hour Self-Clean Cycle/ Extra Large Door Window For Ea...
Abt Electronics

500 Series HBN5451UC 27 Electric Single Wall Oven with 4.1 Cu. Ft. Capacity  Genuine

500 Series HBN5451UC 27 Electric Single Wall Oven with 4.1 Cu. Ft. Capacity Genuine

Boschs 500 series 27 single wall oven will make the perfect addition to your kitchen This wall oven features genuine European convection and heavy met...
AppliancesConnection

800 Series  HBN8651UC 27 Electric Double Wall Oven with 4.1 cu. ft.  Full-Extension

800 Series HBN8651UC 27 Electric Double Wall Oven with 4.1 cu. ft. Full-Extension

Boschs 800 Series 27 Double Wall Oven installs flush and features a SmoothClose door The dampened hinges softly and quietly guide the SmoothClose door...
AppliancesConnection

500 Series HBN5651UC 27 Electric Double Wall Oven with 4.1 cu ft. Capacity  Genuine

500 Series HBN5651UC 27 Electric Double Wall Oven with 4.1 cu ft. Capacity Genuine

Boschs 500 series 27 double wall oven features genuine European convection which allows food to be cooked more evenly in up to 30 less time by optimiz...

Bosch NET8054UC 800 Series 30 Electric Cooktop in Black (Open Box) NET8054UC

Bosch NET8054UC 800 Series 30 Electric Cooktop in Black (Open Box) NET8054UC

From the simple elegance of the ceramicglass cooking surface to the exciting performance features, Bosch electric cooktops are the very image of under...
HomeClick

Bosch NET5054UC Electric Ceramic Cooktop

Bosch NET5054UC Electric Ceramic Cooktop

The Bosch electric ceramic cooktop offers a sleek touch control panel with 17 setting options for unprecedented temperature control. The bridge elemen...
Newegg.com