Bosch Evolution 700 HDS7052U Dual Fuel (Electric and Gas) Range

1 consumer review

Bosch HDS7052 Dual Fuel Range

Sep 2, 2008

Pros:design, features and price

Cons:reliability, Bosch customer service

The Bottom Line: I would consider buying another Bosch range only if it had good reviews regarding reliability and I purchased a reasonably priced extended warranty.

We bought this range after reading good things about Bosch appliances in reviews, and after having good experiences with other Bosch products. It has the features we wanted for a reasonable cost. We bought a dishwasher and range hood at the same time, both of which work well and have had no problems.

The range is a well-designed product that has an excellent gas top and an electric oven, and the product functions very well. We like the dual fuel and there is no problem with compatibility. The warmer works well and the ease in cleaning is very good for a gas range. The grills remove easily and the controls are very clear, although there is a bit of a learning curve for the oven controls, which are not as intuitive as we would have liked.

We had a problem when the range was delivered, but Bosch sent a service man out who fixed it immediately. Still, a hassle for such an expensive stove to have problems right out of the box. Now, after about sixteen months after having it delivered, we have a more significant problem. The service man diagnosed it as needing two parts totalling about US$300 plus installation. One of the parts has been replaced by Bosch with a new part, which the service man said is because Bosch has had problems with the original and fixed the inherent problems with a new part. But the warranty has run out and we are on our own, even though the new part was clearly called for. Fortunately, we obtained an extended service warranty, but Bosch would do nothing to speed the process of getting the parts to us for installation. It will take about two weeks to get the parts, meaning we will be without a range for about one month.

I am not sure if I would buy another Bosch product, because of the problems with this range and because my discussion with the Bosch customer service rep was very frustrating. They did not seem to care whether we were a customer or not. I will wait to see reviews on reliability before buying again, and I will pay for the extended service warranty if I do buy again.

Amount Paid (US$): 1,800

Bosch Stainless Steel Evolution 700 Series Dual Fuel Range - HDS7052U

Bosch Stainless Steel Evolution 700 Series Dual Fuel Range - HDS7052U

Genuine European Convection With Advanced Circulation System/ 2 Power Burners/ 2 Simmer Burners/ 8 Cooking Modes/ Extra Wide Warming Drawer With Sabba...
Abt Electronics