Bosch SHE55M15UC 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher Reviews

Bosch SHE55M15UC 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher

Free Shipping Lowe's

Bosch is Beautiful

Jan 2, 2012

Pros:Gets dishes clean, safe for Tupperware, three load options, four cycle options, whisper quiet

Cons:No rinse and hold option

The Bottom Line: The Bosch Dishwasher gets dishes clean, offers three load cycle options, gets dishes dry without risk of melting/burning Tupperware or plastic utensils, looks professional, and above all, is exceptionally quiet.

Over the years, we’ve had several different dishwashers, many of which managed to encase plates and glasses with baked on crud, melted several unfortunate pieces of Tupperware, and on one memorable occasion flooded the kitchen floor in a wash of suds (on the good side, that floor stayed very clean for a while.) In our progress at replacing old appliances with new top of the line models, the Bosch Dishwasher had quite a few recommendations, was completed with an ultra-modern stainless steel exterior that gave it that sleek professional kitchen quality,  and, most importantly, it was on sale. A year later, I’ve been incredibly satisfied by its performance. It has never malfunctioned or done a subpar performance in the time I have had it, and it gives my kitchen a very nice atmosphere.

The Bosch SHE55M15UC 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher’s first claim to fame is its whisper quiet performance, enabled by a heavy insulation to keep noise to a minimum. Of course, every merchant says that, but few live up to the promise. This dishwasher actually did. Even when you are in the room, standing next to it, the only indication that it is washing is the small red light on the control panel. It cannot even be heard at all in any other room of the house.

Part of the reason it is so effectively quiet is because of the absence of a hard food disposal. Instead, the machine implements a permanent food filter which catches particles of food and keeps them from being slung back onto the dishes and baked in during the drying cycle. The disposal is easy to reach, being located in the bottom middle of the dishwasher. It effectively keeps large or small pieces of food from clumping at the drain (as my old dishwasher did) or encrusting the dishes. It is fairly spacious and does not have to be emptied often (a month at maximum, perhaps more depending on your rinsing habits.) Rinsing dishes before placing them in the dishwasher is not necessary, although it will enable you to empty the filter less often. While I wasn’t originally fond of a dishwasher without a hard food disposal, it does cut down on the noise, and there is no evidence of food particles on the finished dishes.

This dishwasher implements the evaporation/condensation method of drying, doing away with the need for an exposed heating coil. The method works well and gets dishes mostly dry. Without the exposed heating coil, Tupperware is now safe; no more melted containers. The dishwasher is safe to be left by itself without constant vigilance because of this, making the Bosch convenient and effective.

The Bosch dishwasher has four cycle choices, and three load choices. There is an option for a full load (which also has a delay cycle option), a half load, and an economy (eco) mode. These modes are very convenient, especially for people who may not want to wait until a full load accumulates to wash dishes. These choices effectively make the Bosch more efficient in water efficiency, and better tailored toward an individual’s lifestyle needs.

The four cycle choices are Power Scrub Plus, Auto Wash, Regular Wash, Delicate/Econo, and Quick Wash. The Power Scrub Plus does an excellent job with pots and pans, especially those with food burned onto them. I use this particular option quite often and it always gets the dishes very clean. The Auto Wash and Regular Wash modes are also very effective for my needs and always leave dishes perfectly clean. I have as yet to use Quick Wash or Delicate, since neither of these is really tailored to my needs, but it’s nice to know that the option is provided for my convenience. The Bosch dishwasher does not have the rinse and hold option, which is the one disappointing feature this model has.

The dishwasher has two sprayers, one on top and one on bottom that is implemented regardless of what cycle you choose. Most dishwashers only have one sprayer, located in the bottom. Because of the dual sprayers in this model, dishes are noticeably cleaner, especially those on the top rack.

The SHE55M15UC model has adjustable racks, both top and bottom. This option allows you to store all manner of dishes inside. The racks can fold down into a flat surface for pots or pans, or fold upward to support glassware, depending on the users’ needs. The utensil basket is very large, running the entire depth of the dishwasher, but it is easily removable.

The dishwasher is very easy to operate. Once the door is closed, it turns itself on automatically. The user then only needs to push a few button controls for the load and cycle options.

The detergent dispenser, the element that usually breaks first and gives the most problems, has never given me any difficulty on this model. There is also a rinse aid dispenser nearby. The control panel automatically shows when it is running low, so that the user never has to guess.

While many users have complained that this 24inch model is too small for their needs, I have found it very spacious. This was the largest size I could manage to fit into my kitchen, but it holds a surprising amount, more than most dishwashers.

I’ve bought several different Bosch products over the years and have always been satisfied. I wish that I had chosen Bosch for other products, such as my washer and dryer. The Bosch SHE55M15UC 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher gets dishes incredibly clean, offers a variety of load cycle options, gets dishes dry without risk of melting/burning Tupperware or plastic utensils, looks professional, and above all, is exceptionally quiet. Highly recommended.

Countess_Eva

Silent operation - 48 dBA. Bosch is a brand leader for quietness. Uses only 2. 86 gallons/load.
Lowe's