Bosch SHE55M16UC 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher Reviews

Bosch SHE55M16UC 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher

This dishwasher is quiet...And cleans dishes as well!

Mar 22, 2011 (Updated Mar 23, 2011)

Pros:Quite, cleans remarkably well. Less detergent & water necessary.

Cons:Smaller interior, other than that, none, absolutely none!

The Bottom Line:

This may be premium priced, but for the cleaning of dishes and the quietness of its operation, it is money very well spent!

The reason I title this review - "And cleans dishes!" is due to the fact that we haven't owned a dishwasher that has actually done so, at least, not without pre-rinsing our dishes prior to putting them in the dishwasher.

This dishwasher is replacing a 5 year old Kenmore I wrote a review about in 2006.  I am so grateful for the death of that dishwasher.  The front panel was replaced 3 times, the racks were rusted.  Simply horrible.

One thing I must include is that I am frugal.  I believed it didn't matter if you spent $300 or $1,200 on a dishwasher.  I learned a great deal from going cheap, so it taught me what to look for in a premium dishwasher. and also, I knew what I didn't want.

This dishwasher includes:

Noise Reduction System: A two-pump motor system and triple insulation to assist in making this quiet.  I cannot emphasize how quiet this dishwasher truly is.  Sometimes, I don't even notice it running.

Stainless Steel TallTub:  A rust-free, hygenic interior surface.  More classy looking than anything, but who really looks at the inside of a dishwasher.

Nylon Coated Racks:  Eliminates cuts and nicks, and have a five year warranty.  I learned from the prior two that I will never again own a PVC coated rack system.  They are junk and rust after about one years use.

SaniDry Condensation Drying:  A high temperature final rinse.  This dishwasher does not have a drying coil at the bottom like most.

EcoSense Wash Management System: Checks water condition and decides whether a second fresh water fill is necessary.  Sound like a marketing gimmick, but yes, it does work.

Triple Filtration System:  Multiple filters ensure distribution of clean water and protect the main pump and the drain pump from foreign material.  OK, I think this is a marketing gimmich, c'mon.

Water Shut-Off:  A safety feature that stops the flow of incoming water, if water is detected in the base of the dishwasher.

Delay Start:  This option allows you to delay the start time of your dishwasher.  This would have come in handy on my old dishwasher, but I don't mind running the dishwasher while I am at home.

Upper and Lower Rack Flip Tines:  This really helps with the ability to accomodate larger and taller items.  Very handy to have with a large spaghetti pot.

Some other nice features are adjustable rack heights, there are several cycles to choose from.  From a power wash to a quick wash and a quick rinse and hold.  The regular wash cycles last 110 minutes, this may seem a bit long to some, but it is my understanding that the longer cycles are a part of owning an energy efficient washer.

I'm not sure if you can really call a dishwasher "cool", but this is a cool dishwasher.  The silverware basket can be separated into two halves, again makes loading the dishwasher a bit easier.  The dish layout for the racks is very interesting, but it is clumsy at handling salad/cereal bowls.  If you prefer a bowl that is not very deep, the racks are very accomodating, but our bowls are a bit larger, so some thought is required in how we load our dishwasher.

If you happen to have a very tall item that needs cleaned, the upper rack can be removed and a special nozzle is attached to the back to the dishwasher that will thoroughly clean those items.

One item this dishwasher is lacking, and I was surprised considering the cost of this, is a food disposal.  In speaking with our salesman, and giving it more thought, to me, that is just one more item to go bad and need repair.  Also, they add to noise of your dishwasher.  Besides, Bosch could not have made emptying the food trap any easier.  The trap simply removed from the bottom the washer, and you just dump your particulates in the trash.

For those used to the roominess of a standard dishwasher, the tub is a bit smaller in this one.  I measured it to be 1 1/2" smaller than our old one, and for a dishwasher, that is alot of real estate.  Where our older dishwashers could accomodate 20 glasses in the upper rack, this one only accomodates 16.

As for the installation, Bosch does a decent job with the directions.  They recommend using a direct line for the electrical hook-up.  I instead, took the plug off of our old washer and attached it the electrical box and plugged it into the outlet.  I decided to replace our old copper line with a plastic line and that made the installation 10x easier.  My only complaint, the kick plate is very difficult to install.  Per the instructions, this is the last item to be installed.  If I had it to do over again, I would have installed it first.  Once the dishwasher is in place, lining up the screw holes is extremely difficult, at least it was for me.  This is my third dishwasher installation, and this will be the third dishwasher with a kick plate improperly installed.

Many people that purchase this dishwasher may be dissappointed to find that any glasses with a lip or bevel on the bottom will not get dry, and you will have to wipe away or shake off the left over water.  For me, not a problem, I never did own a dishwasher capable of drying a 1/4" puddle on the bottom of a glass.

All in all, this is an excellent dishwasher and I am very happy we made this purchase.  I am so glad I didn't go cheap either.  Because this is our 3rd dishwasher in 11 years, I purchased the extended warranty - something I never do, but for the price I paid, I felt the extra money was worth it.  It only uses 3 - 4 gallons of water compared to 6 - 7 in our old ones.  Amazingly, it only requires one or two tablespoons of detergent.  Our old one used about 1/4 cup and more per load, so we've cut our detergent costs greatly.

I have to give Sears a shout out here also.  This dishwasher was not on sale the day we bought it, though it was on sale the day before.  Fortunately, a competitor did have it on sales, and Sears met their price and added a couple extra dollars as part of their price match guarantee.  After avoiding that store the last 5 years, they really came through on the price.

After a months use, I believe this will be an excellent addition to our family, and I hope to have it for years to come.

Also, please check with your local power company, you may be able to receive an additional rebate because of this dishwashers.

Bosch Built-in Dishwasher She55rf5uc In Box

Bosch Built-in Dishwasher She55rf5uc In Box

BOSCH DISHWASHER SHE55RF5UC STAINLESS STEEL BRAND NEW IN BOX DIRECT FROM AN APPLIANCE STORE LOCAL PICK-UP OR EMAIL US FOR SHIPPING QUOTE IF YOU ARE A ...
Bosch 500 Stainless Built-In Dishwasher - SHE65T55UC

Bosch 500 Stainless Built-In Dishwasher - SHE65T55UC

16 Place Setting Capacity/ 3rd Rack/ LED Remaining Time Display/ RackMatic On Upper Rack/ 44 dBA/ 5 Programs And 5 Options/ Load Size Sensor/ Half Loa...

Bosch 300 Stainless Built-In Dishwasher - SHE53T55UC

Bosch 300 Stainless Built-In Dishwasher - SHE53T55UC

15 Place Setting Capacity/ 4 Programs And 4 Options/ Load Size Sensor/ 24 Hour Delay Start Timer/ AquaStop Leak Protection/ Self-Latching Door/ Stainl...

Bosch SGE63E06UC Evolution 300 Series ADA Dishwasher in Black SGE63E06UC

Bosch SGE63E06UC Evolution 300 Series ADA Dishwasher in Black SGE63E06UC

When you're looking for silence, efficiency, safety and convenience, look no further than an Evolution dishwasher. Their legendary noise suppression t...
HomeClick

SHE68T55UC 800 Series 24 Wide Built-in Dishwasher with 16 Place Setting Capacity  Touch

SHE68T55UC 800 Series 24 Wide Built-in Dishwasher with 16 Place Setting Capacity Touch

This Bosch 24 in 44-decibel built-in stainless steel dishwasher offers virtual silence and features a rich set of features The new 3rd rack provides m...
AppliancesConnection

Bosch 24 Stainless Built-In Dishwasher - SHE3AR55UC

Bosch 24 Stainless Built-In Dishwasher - SHE3AR55UC

14 Place Setting Capacity/ 4 Wash Cycles And 2 Options/ Sanitize Option/ Variable Spray Pressure/ Long Silverware Basket/ Self-Latching Door/ Stainles...
Abt Electronics

Bosch SHE65T55UC Stainless steel 500 Series 24 Recessed Handle Dishwasher SHE65T5

ADA Compliant: No Adjustable feet: Yes Adjustable upper rack: Rackmatic 3stage Approval certificates: CUL, UL ChildLock: Yes Collection: 500 Series Co...
HomeClick

Bosch Spe5es55uc 18 Built In Dishwasher Stainless Steel

Bosch Spe5es55uc 18 Built In Dishwasher Stainless Steel

Questions feel free To Contact Us At 800.777.3345 Bosch 500 Series SPE5ES55UC 18 Undercounter Dishwasher With 9 Place Settings, 4 Wash Cycles, AquaSto...

Bosch 800 Series 24 Built-In Dishwasher - SHE68T55UC

Bosch 800 Series 24 Built-In Dishwasher - SHE68T55UC

44 dBA- Quietest Brand/ 3rd Rack For Additional Loading Capacity/ Touch Control Technology/ AquaStopáLeak Protection Works 24/7/ RackMatic On Upper Ra...
Abt Electronics

SHE7PT55UC 800 Plus 24 Wide Built In Dishwasher with 16 Place Setting  Ultraquiet 42 dBA

SHE7PT55UC 800 Plus 24 Wide Built In Dishwasher with 16 Place Setting Ultraquiet 42 dBA

The SHE7PT5 has 16 place setting letting you wash more dishes at once It also comes with Express Wash which lasts 30 minutes or less This dishwasher i...
AppliancesConnection