Bosch WAS24460UC Washing Machine Reviews

Bosch WAS24460UC Washing Machine

A washer that cleans!

Nov 11, 2011

Pros:Cleans like a dream
large capacity
comes out near-dry

Cons:No timer
Very loud spin cycle (quiet rest of cycle)
poor user manual

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this machine - it's pricey but the cleaning and stain removal make it worthwhile.

I bought the compact Bosch Axxis pair to replace my super capacity Frigidaire stacking washer/dryer.  Whereas my old washer would simply "refresh" the clothes with the stains still on them, my Bosch actually washes them clean! I used to spend 1 hour a week scrubbing the kids' clothing - now I just toss them in on "Kids Care" and they come out like new.

It takes 1:37 for the longest Kids Care cycle - but this is much better than spending the time hand scrubbing!

The capacity is the same, if not better, than my Frigidaire "super capacity."  I was a bit worried that the 3.7 cu foot tub would not handle laundy for a family of four, but it does with ease. In fact, I think it is better :-)

The rubber gasket around the door is extremely robust.  It has trapped coins, lego, nails, screws - all of the things my family manages to slip through my inspection.  I just pause the cycle, open the door, remove the item, and press start again.  I was worried that I would not be able to stop it mid-cycle, but this was totally unfounded.

I read in other reviews that mold develops on the gasket if it is not left to dry, so I hand dry the gasket witha cloth after each use, as it is located in an area where I cannot keep the door open between washes to air-dry.

When we first got it, it stopped working after the first load.  I was very worried that we had bought a lemon.  We got the repairman in (under warranty) and he said that the brushes were very sensistive, within a couple of mm.  He said some of the machines were set with the brushes too long, but it is an easy fix.  Overall he said that he would highly recommend the Bosch machines, and that we shouldn't experience any trouble for a good 10 years. We haven't experienced anything since. Here's hoping!

The only downfall is the spin cycle. It is extremely loud, and yes, it does sound like a jet engine warming up, but the rest of the cycle is very quiet.  I notice this particularly because my unit is located in my kitchen.  If it were in a laundry room, it probably would not be an issue.

Truly, this is the only change I would make would be to put a timer on it.  I wish that I could load it, set a time for it to go on when I am out of the house, and then come back to finished laundry.
Oh yes, I would also redesign their user manual to include a little guide to what all of the symbols mean.

Overall though, a great clothes washer that fits in a very small space.

Bosch White Front Load Washer WAS24460UC

Bosch White Front Load Washer WAS24460UC

Bosch White Front Load Washer WAS24460UC. Washer. 2.2 cu. ft. High Capacity. ENERGY STAR Qualified. Energy Consumption of 130 kWh/year. 208-240V Elect...
AJ Madison

Bosch White Front Load Washer WAS20160UC

Bosch White Front Load Washer WAS20160UC

Bosch White Front Load Washer WAS20160UC. Washer. 2.2 cu. ft. High Capacity. ENERGY STAR Qualified. Energy Consumption of 120 kWh/year. 208-240V Elect...
AJ Madison