Bosch Axxis+ WFR 2460 Washing Machine

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Not so nice Washer

May 9, 2005
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:fits in compact spaces, energy efficient

Cons:BAD BAD service, short equipment life, expensive detergent

The Bottom Line: Do not buy this brand and/or model because it is too small and Bosch service is horrible.

I am writing this review after having the Axxis+ WFR 2460 unit for about 2.5 years. I was originally going to purchase the Whirlpool front loaders but I found out they would not fit in my rather cramped laundry room so I switched to Bosch for their smaller size. I had thought this would be a worry free purchase based on Bosch's good name but I am sad to say this washer and the matching dryer have not been great at all.

In the span of 2 weeks both the washer and dryer have broken down. The washer is now leaking water and the dryer does not seem to heat up at all. Perhaps these might be minor problems what makes it bad is the horrendous experience of trying to get someone to service these Bosch products.

I contacted Bosch to obtain the name of service providers in my area. First they gave me the name of company that doesnt even service my area. Then I called them back and they couldn't give me any other info because their computers were down. I asked them how to tell if my equipment was in warranty and their answer was "check the receipt". I got the number to another service company and that company wouldn't even make an appointment to service the Bosch equipment unless I could prove to them it was in or out of warranty and they required I provide them both a model and serial number just to make a service appointment. I asked them how to locate the serial number and they couldnt tell me. I told them I didnt care if they repaired it under warranty and they still wouldnt come out with providing the serial number. Now the model # is not too hard to find but my wife couldnt find the serial number so no appointment could be made initially and when I finally made an appointment it took them a week to come out.

Putting aside the service issues with the washer it has worked ok up till this point. My primary complaint with this machine though is the small size of the drum. It's pretty much impossible to do a bed spread in this unit or even several pairs of jeans. I wouldn't recommend this unit for anyone who does any serious amount of laundry. We have 5 adults in our household and it seems like this machine is always running because we all have to do 3-4 loads each just to clean a weeks worth of laundry. Most other front loaders we looked at had considerably more capacity.

In addition, you are really supposed to use high efficiency (HE) laundry detergent in this machine. We use Tide HE normally. All the HE detergents we have seen cost more than standard detergent and they are hard to find. Most supermarkets we shop in carry 0 or 1 brand of HE detergent so generally we have no choice and are stuck paying the higher price where we can even find the HE detergent. This cost and the water used by doing so many loads seems to offset any energy saving features that Bosch advertises for this model.

Overall I cannot recommend this machine and especially not Bosch's service network as they have both turned out to be unsatisfactory in many ways. I recommend sticking to a more mainstream brand for washer/dryer equipment because they are easier to service and use.

Bosch Axxis 2.2 cu. ft. Compact Front Load Washer - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Bosch Axxis 2.2 cu. ft. Compact Front Load Washer - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

The Bosch Axxis WAP24201UC compact washer is ideal for small laundry room installations without sacrificing performance. The stackable design takes up...

Bosch 24 Axxis Front Loading White Washer - WAP24202UC

Bosch 24 Axxis Front Loading White Washer - WAP24202UC

Large Capacity On Compact Footprint/ Wash Up To 17.6 Lbs Fits Up To 18 Towels In One Load/ AquaStop Leak Protection System/ AVS AntiVibration Techno...
Abt Electronics

Bosch 24 Axxis Front Loading White Washer - WAP24201W

Bosch 24 Axxis Front Loading White Washer - WAP24201W

Large Capacity On Compact Footprint/ Wash Up To 17.6 Lbs Fits Up To 18 Towels In One Load/ AVS AntiVibration Technology For Second Floors Installati...
Abt Electronics