Bosch Axxis+ WFR 2460 Washing Machine

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Simply the best!!

May 12, 2003

Pros:A brilliant machine, very energy efficient, cleans well, the best I've ever had!

Cons:Smaller than conventional top-loader and cycles are longer!!

The Bottom Line: I recommend this to anyone, a fantastic efficient and sturdy washer that cleans and cleans WELL!!!

I recently bought a Bosch Dishwasher and was so impressed that I decided to go out and replace my washer and dryer with a new Bosch equivalent!! I bought the WFR 2460 and a dryer WTA 3510. Altogether I paid almost $2000 for both, expensive yes but having experienced the dishwasher and reading the reviews here I knew it would be worth it.

I was raised in Ireland and when I came to America and got married I fell in love with the top-loader and I couldn't understand why they weren't so popular back home. After a while I realized that the clothes weren't being washed or spun as well. I wished there were front loaders in the U.S.A and only when I went to replace the dishwasher did I realize that Bosch were actually on the American market. Bosch and their owner Siemens (don't supply US) are the leader in washers, dryers and dishwashers in Europe. So it had to be a Siemens or the American counterpart Bosch for my new washer and dryer. I was actually getting excited about them arriving, SAD I know!!

As with the dishwasher the washer is very well laid out and logical. From left to right

Soap Dispenser, Power Wash, Rinse Plus and Quick Wash buttons. An LCD display with Menu, Select and Start buttons underneath. Then the control knob.

The washer is very easy to use especially after a quick read of the manual, for example, turn the control to HOT for white cottons, add detergent and softner in dispenser drawer and press start. That's it!!! The coolest thing about the Bosch is the LCD display. It tells you exactly what the washer is at and even what time it'll be finished at, isn't that GREAT!!! I really love it!!

The three options buttons are also useful. Powerwash is great for those very dirty clothes. Rinse Plus is useful if someone has sensitive skin or you would like to give something an extra rinse and then the Quickwash reduces the time of a normal programme by 40% I think (haven't used it yet).

The LCD display also allows you to select the spin speed of the machine as well as how loud you would like the buzzer to be!!

The Bosch has a Three Tier Fill System, which means that the drum fills from the bottom the back and the top. According to Bosch this gets your clothes saturated quicker, thus less water is needed. The Bosch measures the weight of the load in the drum and then calculates the amount of water needed accordingly. The rotation back and forth with a pause in between is much gentler on your clothes. It is also a much more effective method of cleaning. The clothes look much cleaner coming out of the Bosch, especially the whites!! This also seems to be the fact that the Bosch fills with cold water and gradually increases the temperature allowing the enzymes in the low sudsing detergent to get to work. So no bleach is needed (actually Bosch don't allow the use of it) and less water is used and the laundry is cleaner. All is needed is just a little extra time and some German Technology.

The washer rinses the clothes four times, five with Rinse Plus and has a gentle spin between each rinse. Then for the final spin (and boy does it spin) it extracts most of the water from the clothes and they are considerably drier than a top loader.

The Bosch also has a very gentle woolens and delicates wash that gently cradles the wash back and forth with a final spin at the end and they come out as good as new.

One thing I forgot to mention was the size. Yes this machine is smaller than most. However I have 4 teenagers and a husband all who play sport and lead very active lives and I find the BOSCH very capable for all my laundry needs and there is a lot!! It just means using the washer more often and as you go, which makes more sense really!!

I think this is a great washer for anyone, from a one person household to a six person household. The Bosch is very solid (I love the clunk of the door and control knob). You just have to be prepared to do laundry a little more (which is a joy) and wait a little longer on the programmes to finish!!

Amount Paid (US$): 1,200

Bosch Axxis Plus 2.2 cu. ft. Compact Washer - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Bosch Axxis Plus 2.2 cu. ft. Compact Washer - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

The Bosch Axxis Plus WAP24202UC compact washer is ideal for small laundry room installations without sacrificing performance. The stackable design tak...

Bosch Axxis 2.2 cu. ft. Compact Front Load Washer - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Bosch Axxis 2.2 cu. ft. Compact Front Load Washer - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

The Bosch Axxis WAP24201UC compact washer is ideal for small laundry room installations without sacrificing performance. The stackable design takes up...

WAP24202UC Bosch  Axxis Plus 2.2 Cu Ft Compact Front Load Washer - White

WAP24202UC Bosch Axxis Plus 2.2 Cu Ft Compact Front Load Washer - White

WAP24202UC Bosch Axxis Plus 2.2 Cu Ft Compact Front Load Washer - White Explore the features of the wap24202uc front load washer from Bosch Bosch co...
US Appliance

Bosch 24 Axxis Front Loading White Washer - WAP24202UC

Bosch 24 Axxis Front Loading White Washer - WAP24202UC

Large Capacity On Compact Footprint/ Wash Up To 17.6 Lbs û Fits Up To 18 Towels In One Load/ AquaStop Leak Protection System/ AVS AntiVibration Techno...
Abt Electronics

WAP24201UC Bosch  Axxis 2.2 Cu Ft Compact Front Load Washer - White

WAP24201UC Bosch Axxis 2.2 Cu Ft Compact Front Load Washer - White

WAP24201UC Bosch Axxis 2.2 Cu Ft Compact Front Load Washer - White The AquaShield System provides extra protection against water damage with a spec...
US Appliance

WAP24201UC Axxis 24 2.2 cu. ft. Capacity Compact Front-Load Washer  with 15 Wash

WAP24201UC Axxis 24 2.2 cu. ft. Capacity Compact Front-Load Washer with 15 Wash

Discover a stackable compact washer with full-sized features The Axxis washer from Bosch offers a large capacity in a compact footprint Featuring up t...
AppliancesConnection

WAP24202UC Axxis Plus 24 Front-Load Washer with 2.2 cu. ft. Capacity  15 Wash Programs

WAP24202UC Axxis Plus 24 Front-Load Washer with 2.2 cu. ft. Capacity 15 Wash Programs

The droplet-shaped drum delivers a powerful yet gentle wash Wash 5 mens dress shirts in just 15 minutes The droplet-shaped drum delivers a powerful ye...
AppliancesConnection