Bose Companion 2 Series II Computer Speakers Reviews

Bose Companion 2 Series II Computer Speakers

Nice speakers

Mar 7, 2008

Pros:Good sound, priced under $100

Cons:No equalizer. I would like a longer cable to go between speakers.

The Bottom Line: Yep I would buy them again.

I picked up these speakers because I like the sounds at the apple store. Normally they are $99, but they are $69 at Sam's club. They sounded terrific in the store. In my small office they still sound great. Although there may be a little too much base.

On the back of the right speaker they have two sets of RCA inputs. These two inputs are merged together. Bose suggests using on input for your computer and one for your iPod.

Bose uses a mono mini plug attached to the left speaker that plugs into the back of the right speakers.

The back of the right speaker also has a DC input for electricity.

The sounds is a little boomy bass-y. But this seems to work as the treble is very clean and clear.

I keep mine turned up most of the way and use my Mac keyboard to adjust the volume up and down.

For $70 I think they are a good buy. For $100 I might look around a little more to see if I could find an equal quality unit with bass/terrible knob.

Although it may seem silly, the aluminum look really match my Mac and cinema display.

The Bose Companion 2 is produced by a company known for producing high fidelity stereo equipment. These Bose computer speakers are built to higher sta...