Recommend this product?
We picked up this Bose SoundDock at a vacation spot BOSE Outlet store. They were about $50 bucks cheaper there.
Choice was easy, we took in our iPod with a short playlist and plugged it in and tried it out. The sound was AWESOME. So it was an easy sell even though for an iPod docking station it is prob the most expensive.
For about $100 bucks more, you can get one that has a rechargeable battery built in for portable from BOSE.
A few notes about what we like and don't like about it.
* small footprint / size works great for keeping it on the kitchen counter
* nice styling doesn't look out of place.
* great that it recharges your iPod while docked.
* comes with remote control
* controls on docking station are only limited to volume
* remote control buttons are limited
* doesn't have an AUX IN port for plugging in a generic brand MP3 player
* doesn't have a "line out" for plugging into a bigger stereo system.
Comparison to other units:
I've bought two other iPod docking stations that were other brands. Memorex and Sony. The Bose sounds better than both of these hands down. But this unit was $250 and the others were both on Black Friday sale of $49 each. The Sony sounded good, but no where near as good as the Bose. Although Sony is a great brand name, I wouldn't reccomend the one I bought. The Memorex sounded pretty good, especially with the bass woofer speaker it had it it. For $49 bucks, I'd say it was a better buy than the Bose. So while I think the Bose is great, there are other cheaper options out there.
If you're looking for this in a retail store, I've only seen them at Target and Sams Club.
Great sound and performance. But not cheap.
Read more product reviews on Bose SoundDock (Black) Docking Station for Apple iPod
Write a Review