Brach's 22 Oz Bag Of Candy Corn Candyreal Honey Reviews

Brach's 22 Oz Bag Of Candy Corn Candyreal Honey

A corny looking candy Brachs Candy Corn

Jan 11, 2009

Pros:This is a wonderfully sweet, brightly colored, festive candy!

Cons:All sugar, no nutritional value except to satisfy sweet cravings!

The Bottom Line: If you want something sweet, but not chocolate, this would be a candy to try!

My daughter was telling me around Halloween that she loves candy corn.  We have never purchased candy corn and I was intrigued to find out that she loves this candy and wanted me to buy her some.  She told me, while shopping one day, “I really love that candy corn.  If you were to buy some, trust me, I would eat it mom.”

Well, she’s tried that before with other items like cereals, candy, yogurt tubes, but it was near Halloween and we needed to pick some up anyway to help decorate some items for school.  So, we picked up a bag of the 22 ounces full of candy corn.  I was surprised to find out when reading the package that these are made with real honey.  That was nice.  But, with that in mind, I don’t know if people with young children would want to feed it to them, since honey is one of the items you are supposed to avoid.

The Product

Again, I am assuming everyone has seen or eaten these wonderful little candies.  But, in case you haven’t, these are little yellow and orange candies with a small white tip in the shape of a triangle.  They are cute and small, barely an inch long, they have a wider base that tapers down to a small tip.  From the package, did you know that each year Americans consume enough of this particular brand of candy corn that if you put all of these end to end it would go around the earth 4.25 times!  Man, that’s a lot of candy corn!

This product is made up mostly of sweet sugary goodness that is creamy and tasty.  You cannot eat very many of these at one time though.  I found that my daughter and I would be able to take 3 – 5 of these little candy corn pieces, munch on them and have our sweet tooth sated for a couple of days!

The Ingredients

The ingredients are taken from the bag of the package.

Sugar, corn syrup, salt, honey, gelatin, confectioner’s glaze, dextrose, artificial flavor, titanium dioxide color, yellow 6, yellow 5, red 3, blue 1.

Allergy information states these are made in a facility that processes peanuts, tree nuts, sunflower seed, milk, soy, egg and wheat.  In case you have concern about these items, you will know before purchasing!

Nutrition Facts

These facts are again assuming a 2,000 calorie daily intake and are based upon 1 serving size which is equivalent to 22 pieces of candy corn (they say that the 22 ounce bag will provide roughly 16 of these servings).

Calories 140 Calories from Fat 0
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%
Iron 0%

Overall Impressions

The candy corn, when it is fresh, soft and delightful to eat, gives you a huge burst of sugary goodness.  The taste is creamy and like you are slurping on a sugar cube with a glossy cover.  You can almost taste a soft hint of honey, but overall, I think it’s just the sugary-sweet taste that gets you.

As mentioned, you cannot eat a lot of these little candy corns, because they are super sweet.  But, they are super delicious too.  If you find some candy corn that is old, meaning hard and not easy to chew, you will be disappointed in them.  That does take away from the smooth flavor that the candy corn usually puts forth when it’s fresh and softer.  Think of the candy corn like taffy, you don’t want them rock hard or they are hard to chew and enjoy.

The candy corn does a great job dressing up Halloween treats, like rice krispies, trial mixes and many other things.  You can also use it to decorate items.  I have always found the candy corn to be just perfect to use to create a turkey by using the candy corn for their tail feathers.  If you are looking for something fun, tasty and good to use to decorate with for some items, these might be the right things to look for.  With their white, yellow and orange colors, they brighten anything up!  Yellow and orange make up the bottom and majority of the candy corn with a small touch of white at the top, it’s always festive!

~Thanks for spending time with me!~

Dole Pineapple Chunks
Nestle Crunch Crisp – Better left alone
Reeses’ Snack Barz

Brachs Candy Corn 11oz Bag

Brachs Candy Corn 11oz Bag

Brach's Candy Corn. This is a 11oz bag of delicious candy corn. This Halloween candy treat is everyone's favorite. Brach's candy corn is made with rea...
blaircandy.com
Brach's Candy Corn, 21 oz

Brach's Candy Corn, 21 oz

Brach's Candy Corn is a tasty treat to share with family and friends. Enjoy it right from the bag, in a special candy dish, as a fun topping or mixed ...

Brachs Candy Corn 72 Oz. Resealable Value Bag

Brachs Candy Corn 72 Oz. Resealable Value Bag

1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW Brachs Candy Corn 72 Oz. Resealable Value Bag $30.87...

Brach's Candy Corn - 72 oz.

Brach's Candy Corn - 72 oz.

These delicious candies are a perfect fall treat to share with family and friends. Enjoy it right from the bag, in a special candy dish, as a fun topp...
Large Bag Brach's Candy Corn Halloween Candy (each Bag 4 Lb=64 Oz)

Large Bag Brach's Candy Corn Halloween Candy (each Bag 4 Lb=64 Oz)

YOU ARE BIDDING A BRAND NEW UNOPENED BAG OF BRACH'S CANDY CORN EACH BAG 4 LBS = 64 OZ EXPIRES 6/23/15 ALL SALES ARE FINAL!!!

Brach's Candy Corn 72 Oz. Resealable Value Bag

Brach's Candy Corn 72 Oz. Resealable Value Bag

fast shipping on Unknown UPC 011300510700
Brach's Carrot Cake Candy Corn - 3 X 12 Oz. Bag

Brach's Carrot Cake Candy Corn - 3 X 12 Oz. Bag

WHAT A DEAL 3 - 12 OZ BAGS ONLY $12.99 WILL BE SHIP OUT USPS SERVICES ARE THE SELLER OPTION MOST ORDERS ARE SHIP,SAME DAY MOST ORDERS ARE DELIVERED IN...
Brachs Triple Fruit Gummie Corn 11oz

Brachs Triple Fruit Gummie Corn 11oz

Brachs Triple Fruit flavored candy corn gummies. This is a 11oz bag full of gummi cherry, orange and lemon candy gummi corn. made in the USA
blaircandy.com
Brach's Smores Corn Candy 9 Oz Brachs Halloween Candy

Brach's Smores Corn Candy 9 Oz Brachs Halloween Candy

Brach's Smores Candy Corn Candy Auction is for one 9 oz bag Made with real honey Natural Artificial Flavor *******************************************...

Brach's Autumn Mix, 11oz Bag of Candy (Pack of 2)

Brach's Autumn Mix, 11oz Bag of Candy (Pack of 2)

Brach's autumn mix is a tasty combo of candy/Corn, Indian Corn and mellowcreme Pumpkins.