Bragg  Fluid Aminos 16oz Fluid Supplement Reviews

Bragg Fluid Aminos 16oz Fluid Supplement

A Flavorful Alternative To Soy Sauce

May 1, 2008 (Updated May 1, 2008)

Pros:Natural, flavorful,lower sodium than soy sauce,has amino acids,versatile

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Great flavorful soy sauce alternative with no salt added, also great just to have as an addition to your spices/seasonings!it can be used in just about anything!

I am always trying to add healthier, more natural foods to our diet. I try to sneak in healthier alternatives where ever possible, taste is a big decision maker in this house. I mean, sure there are lots of substitutions out there that are healthier for you than the real deal, but who wants to eat them if they taste nothing like what you are trying to replace or are very bland? Bragg’s Liquid Aminos is a healthy alternative to soy sauce that has no ADDED salt, or preservatives.

Bragg’s liquid Aminos contains no chemicals, no artificial coloring, no alcohol, no preservatives, and no gluten. It is also Kosher certified. Bragg’s liquid Aminos is also made with NON-GMO (not genetically modified) soy beans, and contains 16 essential and non-essential amino acids in naturally occurring amounts.

WHAT ARE AMINO ACIDS??
Simply put, Amino acids are basically the building blocks of protein. There are 20 Amino acids, categorized into 2 different groups essential and non-essential. Eleven of these amino acids can be made by the body itself ( those are the NON-essential group) while the other 9 must come from diet ( the essential group).The grouping of essential and non-essential does not reflect its importance or lack of importance because we need all 20 for our body’s health.
Amino Acids can be found in everything we eat except oil. Foods of animal origin (meats & poultry, eggs, fish as examples) are the richest dietary sources of the essential amino acids. Proteins consumed from a plant source are most often incomplete in amino acids but can be over come by eating a variety of plant foods.
I’m going to stop there because reading about this kind of stuff can be very boring!

INGREDIENTS LIST
Ingredients: NON-GMO soybeans and purified water. Not fermented or heated and Gluten-Free.There is absolutely NO ADDED SALT,the salty taste in Bragg's is naturally occurring
from the soybeans.

THE NUTRITION FACTS (as listed on the bottle)
Serving size is tsp
Calories 0
Total Fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 110mg
Carbs. 100mg
Protein 290mg.

TABLE SALT COMPARISON
Naturally occurring sodium from the soybeans in Bragg’s is 100-115 mg. per 1/2 tsp. This is 1/10 the sodium content of table salt.

COMPARING BRAGG’S TO SOY SAUCE
I’m going to use Kikkoman soy sauce for comparison because that’s the soy sauce we have and use more often. The more important thing that I looked at between the 2, was the sodium content, Kikkoman serving size they list as 1 TBS …Bragg’s has their serving size listed as a tsp. Alright so…to break it down
(There’s about 3 tsps in a tablespoon)
Bragg’s TBS =660
Kikkoman TBS =920

I have to admit that I was a little disappointed when I did this comparison I was hoping there would be way less sodium but I guess the fact that it’s naturally occurring in Bragg’s (no added salt) and that there IS a lesser of amount at all makes it a good thing.
The package also suggests that if you want to lesson the amount of sodium/saltiness to suit your taste you can dilute as much as you like.
I am not sure of the amino acid content in regular soy sauce.

Bragg Liquid Aminos are not recommended for persons on no-salt or sodium diets.

HOW DOES IT TASTE & HOW I USE IT
Bragg’s is NOT lacking in flavor or the saltiness associated with soy sauce.
The best way for me to describe it is that it IS really close to soy sauce. I think it’s just a tad less salty, and has just a but of it own unique flavor. I don’t think there is a better description that I can come up with. You can use it just as would soy sauce…
I have used this by itself over rice. It adds a nice flavor to just about anything. Sometimes I’ll be cooking something and it needs a little something more, I have found that a lot of times Bragg’s Liquid Aminos adds that little something...even to things I wouldn’t consider putting soy sauce in. I have also used this in soups, stews, gravy & sauces, stir fry and casseroles and more. You can use it on whatever it is you think you would like it on.I use anywhere from a 1/2 tsp to 3 TBS, depending on what I'm seasoning.

PACKAGING, PRICING, WHERE TO FIND IT, SHELF LIFE AND STORAGE
Bragg’s Liquid Aminos comes in a plastic bottle the one I have is 16floz (I believe I paid around $6.00 for it at Raleys).The average price range for the 16floz bottle is any where from $3.49 to $6.00. There is a flip up spout in the plastic lid which makes it easy to add to your food. It is available in larger bottles and a small (6floz I believe) spray bottle. It can be found at any health food store and most grocery stores with a natural food section as well. Although there are no preservatives Bragg’s has a 3-5 year shelf like (clearly marked on the bottles, no codes) it does not need refrigeration but it is suggested that it be stored away from direct sunlight in a cool location. I just keep it in the cabinet.

RECOMMENDED
YES, if you are looking for a soy sauce alternative with comparable taste,this is it!
This is also great just to have as an addition to your spices/seasonings.

Bragg Liquid Aminos by Bragg 16 oz Liquid Information Bragg Liquid Aminos is a Certified NON-GMO liquid protein concentrate derived from soybeans that...
Liquid Aminos 16 oz. 16 Ounces