Comfortable but not waterproof

Feb 10, 2012

Pros:Comfortable

Cons:Not Waterproof

The Bottom Line: I would not purchase another pair for the purpose of staying dry.

Brahma Waterproof bravo  I work outside sometimes for 4 to 8 hours in the rain. These shoes are comfortable yet what I am finding out about all the so called waterproof items sold at Walmart they are not waterproof. After one or two downpours these shoes will keep the water out.  After that the shoes will keep the water out for about an hour. Once these shoes are worn they let the water in.   The coldest weather I have worn these shoes in with just a pair of regular socks is about 40°. I was very impressed as terrible as they are keeping the water out my socks were damp due to my feet sweating. It is possible to wear these shoes down into the 20’s or teens with a thicker pair of socks and you would probably be fine.  I walk on concrete and asphalt and the shoes will last  about 3 to 6 months with daily use. If you just use them on light rain days you could get up to a year out of them. You will have to change the insert for better comfort I would suggest Dr. Scholls work memory foam.  My feet are 11.5 wide  and I had to purchase a size 13.   The shoes are lightweight and provide decent protection against bumps/impact but, I will not purchase another pair of these shoes.