Click to see larger image
Breville 800JEXL 1000 Watts Juicer
(20 Epinions reviews)
Epinions Product Rating:
Best spent money on health, quality product & function!
Feb 11, 2008
Review by cassiopiah
Rated a Very Helpful Review
So I did my research. I dug and dug and read a million articles & reviews, knowing that I was about to drop 2 or 3 hundred bucks on a juicer... and I came up with this. The Breville 800JEXL is a solid powerhorse & I love it. It's now been 6 months of use, about 3 times a week, and here are my discoveries:
Recommend this product?
1. It sucks amazing amounts of juice out of stuff I never knew had that much liquid in them (ex/ carrots, broccoli)
2. It starts up slow like a jet engine until it reaches maximum velocity and decibels and everyone in the kitchen's looking at each other with bug-eyes yelling "HOLY CRAP!"
3. It's absolutely gorgeous, albeit a little big.
4. It's extremely heavy and solid.
5. The juice collector jar is a little small - I find I always have to make 2 batches to get enough for the family.
6. On harder veggies like carrots, it shoots that last little chunk into the pulp collector - doesn't juice the ENTIRE thing (which is why you should never cut up your veggies in this thing - keep them as whole as possible to avoid waste)
7. The pulp is USEFUL! I keep pulp like carrot in the freezer and throw bunches of it into soups, quiches, and casseroles of various sorts... no one notices, and it adds flavor, texture and fiber. Apple & other fruit pulp is great to add to shakes, muffins and cookies.
8. The "froth strainer" on the juice jar is a GOD SEND!
9. A bit of a pain to clean all the parts, but the metal parts rinse clean easily, and the rest can go in the dishwasher. You definitely need to use the included scrub brush to get the blade/strainer clean though. It doesn't clean well in the dishwasher.
ENJOY! A great machine that does its job WELL.
Amount Paid (US$): 360.00
Share this product review with your friends