Breville 800CPXL 500 Watts Juicer Reviews

Breville 800CPXL 500 Watts Juicer

Thou shalt covet my neighbor's citruss press

Mar 20, 2012 (Updated Apr 8, 2012)

Pros:Powerful and efficient, beautiful and easy to clean. Has a dust cover too!

Cons:Drips a little around the spout. A larger strainer is needed.

The Bottom Line: This is a product that you will actually use on a routine basis and it will make you happy and healthier.

It's the Lenten Season.  I've given up alcohol and meat. I meditate and read The Word each morning.  In addition, I decided to get back to basics with the ole "Hunter Gatherer's Diet."

Three weeks into it, I've lost inches around my waist to the point that when I look down I can actually see my toes for a change and not my belly.  My BMI is finally below 24.  My BP is below 120 over 80 and cholesterol is below 150. I feel great. People say I look great. It’s like being reborn at 50!

Fact is, I'm starving to death!  I've developed restless leg syndrome from nightly dreaming of a 3 inch Ruth Chris Filet Mignon sizzling on my dinner plate.  I'm craving cheap bacon that barely has any meat on it.  I'm about to stick a fat Idaho Potato in the oven at 105 degrees figuring that it will be about done by Easter Sunday that I'll engorge with plenty of butter and sour cream.

Thankfully, my Breville Electric Citrus Press came into my life this week to save me from going bonkers.  Yes, I researched it first.  Do you go electric or arm wrestle with a manual?  I decided to visit the W & S store to find out.

When I walked in the store she greeted me from a well-placed front store display like an old friend, resting regally like King Arthur's battle helmet.  It was love at first sight.

You first notice the size and weight, almost 16 pounds—a foot high with a large press handle and 100 watts, (not 500) of power housed in a die cast body.  "Just one look, that's all it took..." and you know it means business.

On the way home I stopped off at Sam's Club, this time on a mission to "actually" buy something I needed in bulk—i.e. the largest oranges in the universe.  There they were by the door in large bags and affordable for a change.

Our Fair Trade Agreements and a mild winter has resulted in a bumper crop of citrus this year, undercutting the media's annual late Winter forecasts of an early killing frost that raises orange futures at the detriment to us all.  Yes Folks, be happy, because this is “finally” the year of the big fat juicy orange, but I digress.  I filled up my cart and raced home.

After washing off the parts I put the press to a test.  Using the larger strainer I placed one half of a plump orange the size of a normal grapefruit on the stainless steel die cast juicing cone.  I lowered the juicing press arm and...and nothing came out!  What's this, a Breville lemon?

No, I forgot to lower the juice spout that was in its "anti-drip position."  Boy, those brainy Breville engineers did it again. What will they think of next?  I lowered the spout with the flick of my wrist, and juice poured out the sloosh gate like a tiny stream anxious to feed the Chattahoochie.

One orange gave me over 8 ounces of juice, (I’m not kidding) with plenty of extracted pulp left neatly on the side if you like it like it that way.  I mean this baby shucks the juice clean down to the pavement of inner skin leaving you with these pretty little citrus bowls that I guess can be filled with yogurt and fruit and showcased on an antique tray if Martha Stewart is coming over to your place for breakfast and Mimosas--after Lent of course.

Rinsing the removable juicing parts is easy and quick if done immediately after you're done juicing, (this means not tomorrow, Poodle, but immediately!), otherwise the pulp hardens, and it takes some elbow grease to remove.

You don’t need to put anything in the dish washer. Just rinse then dunk the parts into a large bowl filled with water a couple times and everything lifts off in a flash.  And don't foget to rinse off the pop off cap.

In summary, yeah, it's expensive, and ok I admit, I noticed that some juice drips down behind the anti-drip spout at times for some unknown reason,  but it does everything you want it to do.

If you're upset that it strains out all the pulp, then don’t be so snooty, and simply scoop some up with your spoon and add it to the juice, and chew to your heart's content.  Maybe in the future Breville can offer a strainer with larger strainer holes.

But here’s all you need to know, because I know this machine is good when my cleaning lady comes in with her usual, “ok, now what the h*ll did you buy?” and then after checking it out says, “I admit, this ones a keeper.”

Amount Paid (US$): $190

Breville 800CPXL Citrus Press Stainless Steel NEW FACTORY SEALED!FREE SHIPPING within the lower 48 contiguous USA states.PO Box, APO,Hawaii, Alaska, A...

The worlds first active-arm citrus pressjust pull down the handle to activate electric motor. This stylish, easy-to-clean citrus press is designed for...
Sur La Table
Active Arm Press With Soft Grip Handle/ Quadra-Fin Juicing Cone/ Drip Stop Juice Spout/ 100 Watt Motor/ 1 Stainless Steel Filter/ Stainless Steel Fini...
Abt Electronics
Click to view full size Full Size Image Click to close full size. Breville Citrus Press 800-CPXL Item #17540 CIDBrand: Breville A plain and simple jui...
Breville Citrus Press 800-CPXL
Breville 800CPXL the Citrus Press With Free Fat, Sick Nearly Dead DVD Safe shipping Live, expert advice Award-winning customer service What's in the b...
Breville 800CPXL Die-Cast Stainless-Steel Motorized Citrus Press Product Features: Powerful citrus press housed in professional-grade brushed stainles...
Breville 800CPXL Die-Cast Stainless-Steel Motorized Citrus Press PRODUCT DESCRIPTION Housed in professional-grade brushed stainless steel with an indu...