Brinkmann 810-5301-C Charcoal All-in-One Reviews

Brinkmann 810-5301-C Charcoal All-in-One

Great little smoker

Jul 14, 2008

Pros:CHEAP!! Easy to operate, great end-result.

Cons:Hard to get to the charcoal pan to add more when needed.

The Bottom Line: Absolutely buy this guy if you're just starting out. You will find it easy to use and well worth the price paid.

I was very impressed with this purchase. I read some reviews online, some flattering, some not-so-much. But I figured for 40-50 bucks, you really can't go wrong. I actually found it for $28.98 at my local Walmart.And it was well worth the purchase price!

I am an avid griller but had never smoked anything before. So i was looking for something cheap that I could do a little experimenting with.

It was a little awkward getting some of the pieces to fit together(mainly the handles). But all-in-all was an easy assembly process.

My first attempt was a 6 lb. brisket. I used about 3/4 of a 15 lb. bag of charcoal in the charcoal pan. I also used hickory chips for smoke. In the water pan I threw in some marinade of Worcestershire sauce, mustard, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and a bottle of Pabst Blue Ribbon. Then topped it off with water. It smoked for roughly 7 1/2 hours. I had to add charcoal a few times, and was constantly adding more wood chips (probably once an hour). I had to refill the water pan once. I took it out thinking "i don't think this is done yet, I'm going to put it in the oven to finish". But I sliced into it and was I ever wrong... it was absolutely amazing. Better than the local bbq joints. It had a perfect crust and was absolutely amazingly moist and tender.

This little guy will be traveling to all of our tailgates this fall... put a hunk of meat on when we get there, (have the wife mind the fire during the game since she doesn't like football) and then after the game we should have a nice meal for about 15-20 people.

50 lb. capacity. 376 sq. in. cooking area. Holds up to 10 lbs. charcoal. Thermometer. Porcelain coated steel water pan. Aluminum handle with wood grip...