Brinkmann 810-5301-C Charcoal All-in-One Reviews

Brinkmann 810-5301-C Charcoal All-in-One

Decent grill

Oct 28, 2008 (Updated Feb 5, 2014)
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:Cooks well once you learn how to use them, and they are cheap.

Cons:They are cheap and don't last.

The Bottom Line: These are a cheap disposable grill that work pretty well once you get used to them.

I have gone through 3 of these in the past 12 years.
They work pretty good but are basically the *Bic Lighter* of grills as they are disposable.
I have yet to pay over $40 for one, if they go over that I doubt that I would buy one because I know they are only good for about 3-4 years tops and the last year is iffy.
They cook just fine especially once you get used to them.
I always drill air holes in the charcoal pan to get better airflow, I use a separate oven thermometer sitting on the grill to better gauge the temp accurately and adjust the lid (leave larger/smaller gaps) to keep the cooking temperature where I want it.  I line the pan with aluminum foil to cut down on clean up, and also any fruit juices that I have in fridge that go past their freshness date I always save to use to add to the water, this gives a nice flavor.
If you want a disposable grill that works decently for a couple of years then this grill is perfectly fine.

I have used them for at least 12 years and have cooked many a great meal on them.

(update) Feb 5th 2014.
I bought a really nice "Vision Grill" which is a ceramic Kamado grill about 2 years ago. The cost was $550 from Costco and it is the best grill I have ever used and will last me the rst of my life.

So I am done with disposible Brinkmans, these are great if you want something light to transport somewhere like grilling on the beach etc.
They cook well but if you get more than 3 years out of one you are doing good.

50 lb. capacity. 376 sq. in. cooking area. Holds up to 10 lbs. charcoal. Thermometer. Porcelain coated steel water pan. Aluminum handle with wood grip...