-27%
Britax Römer B-Ready Red Travel System Single Seat Stroller Reviews

Britax Römer B-Ready Red Travel System Single Seat Stroller

Free Shipping Hayneedle
Free Shipping Albee Baby

I was thrilled to try the B-Ready, but not happy enough to keep it!

Mar 5, 2012

Pros:Versatility, size/accessibility of storage basket

Cons:Cost, size (bulk and height), plastic materials, permanent recline of main seat, cheap, short-lived wheels

The Bottom Line: Very versatile and fun to use, but not the greatest quality and could use some upgrades to become an all-terrain stroller.

I am an inline double stroller fan.  I LOVE Phil & Ted strollers, but when I saw the Britax B-Ready stroller, I thought it might just top P&T.  I was able to get my hands on one and planned to sell my Phil & Ted's e3 stroller and stick with the Britax.  However, I didn't end up doing that, and I'm glad, as in the end, the Britax wasn't a great fit for us.

First and foremost, I have to say that the B-Ready WAS a really great stroller.  I loved a lot of the features and the versatility.  But overall, it just didn't meet up with what is necessary for our family, and the Phil & Ted's stroller did.

The Britax stroller is very versatile.  I believe there are a total of 14 different ways you can use the stroller as a single, double, and/or travel system.  That alone is what makes these inline strollers worth the cost! (considering all that you are getting in one!)  That was what drew me to it in the first place.  Compared to my Phil & Ted stroller, I liked the ability to put rear-face the main seat, to add an infant seat to the lower spot, etc.

The first thing I noticed when I received and assmebled the stroller (fairly easy process) was all the plastic components.  The frame is aluminum, but there are a LOT of plastic attachments.  I was not thrilled with that.  Plastic feels so flimsy and short lived to me, and it makes the stroller seem so much cheaper.

The next thing that stuck out was the size of the stroller.  HUGE is an understatement.  Sure, you save some space having the second seat underneath instead of to the side, but it is big and bulky.  With the sunshade pulled out, I could not see at all in front of the stroller, and I'm 5'8"!  I can't imagine how it would work for someone shorter than me.  And when folded the stroller took up almost all the space in the back of my Suburban (with the 3rd row up).  Having the second seat off when folded did save a bit more space, but not much.  I tried to justify the bulk, considering what I was getting with the stroller, but knowing that my Phil & Ted stroller took up so much less space made me quite disappointed with the Britax.

The other big point for me was the wheels.  They aren't tires like my Phil & Ted stroller has, but they aren't the solid plastic kind like on many chaper strollers.  They are more of a rubbery, plasticy blend.  I wasn't sure about them in the first place, but then I started reading reviews saying that the wheels wore down VERY quickly and needed to be replaced after that.  I knew that they wouldn't work for us then.  We live in the country and most of our stroller use is out on the road, not smooth surfaces like sidewalks.

Lastly, though it was something I could have lived with, I wasn't all that thrilled with the upright postion of the main seat.  Fully reclined, it lays back pretty well, but fully upright, it is still somewhat reclined.  So for my child to sit up straight, they have to pull themselves up away from the seat back.  I could tell it was sort of annoying for them!

However, there were many things I loved about the Britax!  The ability to simply pop the main seat out and turn it to face me was my favorite!!!  I figured that with that feature, I wouldn't even need to use an infant seat on top.  I also loved the size and accessibility of the storage underneath.  It is accessible from under the seat, from the sides, and from the front (though zippers).  It was nice to still have all that space even with a child in the bottom seat!!

The second seat attached fairly easily, although I found it sort of confusing and difficult to unattach it whenever I needed to.  Folding it up all together was fairly simple as well, but still a 2 step process (you have to slide in the bottom seat before you can fold up the entire stroller), so I didn't feel like it was really saving me a step (compared to having to remove the second seat to fold my Phil & Ted stroller).

Overall, I think this would make a really great stroller for someone who lives in the city.  For us out in the country, it doesn't quite meet our needs.  But it is a neat stroller with a lot of great features, and I think with some upgrages, it could very well one day become "the one!"

Stroller (Britax Infant Car Seat Compatible)Suitable from birth* / Up to 55 lbsThe B-READY stroller from BRITAX is a versatile, modular stroller that ...
Albee Baby
Shop for Carriages and Strollers from Hayneedle.com! From the time you bring baby home 'til he's grown too restless and curious for a stroller the Bri...
Hayneedle
Carry your child around in the Britax B-Ready. The three reclining positions with a reversible top seat of this Britax baby stroller gives multiple op...
Hayneedle

Find baby strollers at Target.com! You'll be ready for anything with this colorful britax stroller. The all-wheel suspension, one-hand steering and ea...