Britax Frontier - Canyon Booster Car Seat Reviews

Britax Frontier - Canyon Booster Car Seat

Very Happy with this Car Seat!

Nov 22, 2008 (Updated Nov 22, 2008)
Rated Show

Pros:Well built, rock solid.  Doesn't move an inch.  Lot's of versatility.

Cons:It is a little heavy and expensive.  Cumbersome to move back/forth between vehicles.

I am very happy with this seat.  Especially after having very bad experiences with previous seats.

It is rock solid, extremely well built.  It looks huge in the store, but once I got in in my car ('06 Civic) it didn't take up much more room than my previous seats (Cosco Scenera).

A lot of attention to detail was given the design of this seat (even putting loops on the ends of the LUAS straps so they're easier to tug on).  The tether and LUAS (latch) are very easy to use.  I did not try the shoulder/lap belt methods.  But there are two different ways of using the shoulder/lap belt with this seat, so I could see how versatile this seat could be in different vehicles.  I found it a little cumbersome to move back and forth between vehicles.

This seat can be used as a 5-pt. harness car seat up to 65 lbs (Please Note: my seat was purchased in Canada and these are the limits of the seat up here - I notice other reviews say 80lbs).  It can also be used as a belt positioning booster seat from 40 - 100 lbs (42"-60" in height).

Age Range of Child: 12 to 36 Months

A new Frontier model, the Frontier 85 Booster Car Seat. In addition to having an 85 pound harnessed weight capacity we have increased the top harness ...