Brother HL-2140 Workgroup Laser Printer Reviews

Brother HL-2140 Workgroup Laser Printer

Brother HL-2140 great deal

Sep 19, 2010

• Paper Handling:

Pros:Inexpensive, fast, prints very clean and sharp, good quality type, easy-to-operate, simple. Great footprint.

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Final recommendation is excellent. I would buy this Model again and recommend to others.

This was a great deal on this Brother Laserjet printer.  I bought it to print regular docs instead of using the ink in my Canon PIXMA MX860 all-in-one.  The all-in-one serves it purpose well and prints great pics on Canon paper but it uses too much ink for the routine docs and no rhyme or reason for which black cartridge it uses ink from.
I have had the Brother laserjet for about one month now and use it every day.  It is set as my default printer.  It is fast, works great, it's easy to manually flip paper and print double-sided or if only one page just insert it into the manual upper tray which prints on the top side of the paper and easier to remember.  Will be using it with envelopes this week.  Being small it fits on a small table next to my desk.
I will say that sometimes I have noticed a slight dimming of lights in room when it warms up before printing.  I have not had any jams or any malfunctions at all.  I have noticed other reviews have mentioned the cost of the drum.  At the rate I am printing I expect it to last at least a couple years and I would just buy a new printer which would come with new drum and toner.

Operating System: Windows

Perfect for home and offices, this Brother HL-2140 printer can print as fast as 22 pages/minute. The maximum print resolution of 2400 x 600 dpi of thi...