Bugaboo Bee Black Standard Single Seat Stroller Reviews

Bugaboo Bee Black Standard Single Seat Stroller

Free Shipping Albee Baby

Bugaboo Bee: Like An Entry Level Ferrari!

Nov 23, 2007 (Updated Nov 27, 2007)

Pros:Build quality, looks great, ride quality, comfort for the baby.

Cons:Expensive, initial set-up and adjustments are a little difficult.

The Bottom Line: If you are willing to spend the money, and want a real fancy, smooth stroller, this is fantastic.

Love That New Stroller Smell!

This is the portable stroller in the ultra-lux Bugaboo family of strollers, which includes the Gecko, Frog, and Cameleon. It is their lowest priced, entry level stroller. It has fantastic looks, very euro. It pushes extremely well, and is ultra-smooth. Our baby seems very comfortable in it, and it has a kind of race car look once the tyke is strapped in. On even the longest walks, the baby has never complained.

Nuts and Bolts:
The Bee is available in red, yellow, black, blue, and dark khaki. It comes with a partial sunshade, a raincover, and a basket underneath for storage. I am not sure there is enough room to carry enough goods for an entire day out (I'd take a diaper bag as well) but for long walks, it will hold the basics as well as a couple of bottles of water, and we bring a few toys for our puppies, as they come on walks with us! The fabric is machine washable, so don't worry about accidents. The seat is extendable and has four positions and it is also reversible, which is nice because you can face it forwards or backwards. It is rated for a maximum of 37.5 pounds (it's European, so they rate it at 17kg). Bugaboo provides a 2 year warranty on their strollers. One thing that irked me about their website is that they only gave weight and width, which is 20 inches. A full list of specs would have been nice.

Besides being the only compact, foldable stroller in the Bugaboo line, two things that separate the Bee from the others is that is has the 4-way adjustable seat rather than 3-way, and the seat itself adjust to the length of your child, which will be good as our little guy grows.

We purchased a cupholder separate, and it's worth the $30 just for convenience. Other accessories available include:

Umbrella- $40
Baby Nest- $100
Open Air Breezy Canopy- $40
Car Seat adapters for Graco or Peg Perego- $45 (avail Spring 08)
Diaper Bag- $125
Foot Muff- $130
Full See-through Sunshade- $25
Wheeled Transport Bag- $160

The accessories are obviously not cheap. Besides the cupholder, we may buy the umbrella and probably the Peg Perego car seat adapters when they become available. I don't really find a need for the other items.

Back to the Review:
Overall, the build quality is great and looks are fantastic. Once it is set up and ready to go, it is a very nice stroller. It comes almost fully assembled, all you have to do is attach the wheels. The cons are that initial setup of the straps is a little awkward. It takes some getting used to opening it up and getting all the straps set to the right size. We strapped our little guy in at 2 weeks old, and even at the smallest settings on the straps, we felt the little guy was secure. Also, it's 'portability' is a little misleading. It folds down, but not very compact. I actually purchased a smaller stroller to take in my car, but it fits in my wife's SUV fine!

I am not sure the price is worth it, but if you like to have the best, but save a few pennies, this is the stroller for you.

Age Range of Child: 0 to 12 Months

Please note that Bee Plus Canopies are sold separately. Compact one-piece foldable design Suitable for infants to toddlers Accommodates baby cocoo...
Albee Baby