Bugaboo Bee Black Standard Single Seat Stroller Reviews

6 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Excellent

Bugaboo Bee for Me

Nov 24, 2007

Pros:smaller, lightweight, easy to maneuver,

Cons:under basket hard to access, brake hard to access when reclined, no snack tray

The Bottom Line: It is a great stroller, more reasonably priced than the other Bugaboo's, and fully functional for infant-4 years.

So I just recently gave up my beloved Bugaboo Frog in trade for the new Bugaboo Bee. My daughter is now 13 months old, and for so many reasons, this has become the stroller for us. I was frustrated because even though it has been out for a few months now, there really were no "GOOD" reviews out there of this product, so I thought I would write one.

We are a HUGE Bugaboo family, as I'm one of those "only-the-best-for-my-baby" moms, and this was the stroller I HAD to have. If you read my review of the Frog, you will see that I love it, but there are certain features I could have lived without (or really wish I had). We're on the go, so we use our stroller pretty much every day.

So thing one, this is a ONE piece stroller. That is HUGE during the Minnesota winters. I dont have to fumble a round with two pieces anymore. Folding/unfolding this stroller is easier than any other stroller I've ever done. It pops open with one hand and one foot, and closes with two hands and one motion. That is pretty slick. Two: It has a REAL and ample understorage basket, unlike the weird ones the other strollers in the Bugaboo family have, but it is front access which is kind of goofy, and while the seat flips up for better access, doesn't work so well with a kid sitting in it. BUT I'm not going to complain. It is functional. Three: The tip-over instance is dramatically less than the two piece strollers. I couldn't hang my diaper bag on my frog and take the baby out without worrying that it was going to tip. Throw in a couple of shopping bags, and forget it. Your BABY is going down with it. This one is more balanced to start with. Four: This stroller turns on a DIME. We just took it to Disney World, and it maneuvered easily through crowds, through a mini-golf course, and of course, the mall. It is very easy to manage with one hand. Five: It's actually the width of a normal stroller! No more getting your bulky back wheels stuck on something because you didn't realize the space was so narrow (or really how bulky your stroller was). Six: The straps are WAY better and more secure. At 13 months my daughter still didn't fill out the shoulder straps totally cinched on the Frog. These are nice and tight fitting, and they adjust height-wise just like a Britax car seat every 2 inches so they grow with your child. Also user friendly. Seven: The brake is just a flick of the toes to lock and release, although it's just a tad hard to reach if the seat is fully reclined. Eight: Now that she's a toddler, it is easy for my daughter to get in and out of this stroller with the wide seat and wide foot rest, and when she abandons it, it is VERY lightweight to push, so it doesn't feel like such a bulky burden. I can carry her and push with ease (even though it's ridiculous for us to do that, I know)!

There is NOT the removable bar on the front like there are on the other bugs. I used the bar to hang a snack tray for my daughter, and (although I'm not supposed to) as a second support to carry it up and down stairs. This one is lighter, so it isn't such a hassle, but I miss my snack tray option. My Mommy Beverage/Junk tray (by Jolly Jumper) still attaches to the handlebar on this, however which is what I REALLY use. It still fits in my transport bag, so I didn't have to re-buy one of those. I also originally found the hood to be huge when I first saw it, but when the seat is reclined, it occurs to you that it has to be that long, as it is attached to the back of the seat, not a stationery bar above it. I did have to hang a blanket over it in direct sun when she was fully reclined. Telescopic handle allows for tall parents and 2 year olds to push with relative ease - although I don't really think that the highest height was any taller than my Frog's stationery handlebar.

That about wraps it up, I guess. Bottom line, there's no "perfect" stroller out there, but this one works awesome for me and my daughter and I'm glad I got it.

Age Range of Child: 12 to 36 Months

div style=text-align:centerimg src=http://ti2.auctiva.com/sw/java.gif border=0br table align=centertr td a style=text-decoration:none href=http://empo...
Whether your kid is an infant or a toddler, the Bugaboo Bee - Black stroller can easily accommodate him/her. The compact, agile, single-piece design o...