Pros:A fun "extra" momento from a party; Can be used for other occasions
Cons:Marker can smear, not very cuddly, no room for "do overs"
The Bottom Line: While not the most attractive stuffed animal, the Build-A-Bear Workshop Autograph Bear II makes a great souvenir for the guest of honor at any event.
One of the perks you get by having a birthday party at the Build-A-Bear Workshop is that the birthday person gets to leave with not one, but two stuffed animals. In addition to the bear (or monkey, bug, etc.) he or she builds at the party, the guest of honor also gets to leave with an stuffed yellow bear, signed by all the other guests. This bear is the Build-A-Bear Workshop Autograph Bear II.
The Autograph Bear is about 14" tall (a little shorter than most of the bears kids make there) and fur-less, being made of a vinyl-type material so the writing sticks easier. Other than the Build-A-Bear Workshop logo across his belly, he is yellow all over. Autograph Bear also has a pocket in his back, to store the blue marker he comes with.
There is not too much to say about the Build-A-Bear Workshop Autograph Bear II as a bear. At my daughter's party, everyone was given the chance to sign him before being presented to my daughter at the end of the party. He even got to go home in his own cub condo! Now that he's "home" with us, he doesn't get played with very much, but he does get pulled out in admiration. None of the names on him smudged or wiped off onto my daughter after the party, but one of the words did get smeared a tad at the party because someone didn't let it dry before resting their hand on it.
Good points about the Autograph Bear:
* It makes a cute memento that is a little more meaningful than a card.
* It could make a good gift for the budding artist in your family. My four year old desperately wants to be able to draw her sister a picture on this bear.
* It would be a great gift to have the group sign at a going away party, retirement party, as a get well soon gift (many hospitals don't allow flowers in the room) or at any other kind of group sign-off event.
Less desirable attributes:
* Without signatures, it looks sad and naked
* Its feel does not make it a comfortable cuddle buddy
* The fact that it has marker all over it, which could potentially wear off, does not make it a good cuddle buddy
My daughter did not enter her birthday party at The Build-A-Bear Workshop knowing that she would be leaving with an autographed bear. The fact that she got one made an unbelievable party that much better (and little sister even more jealous). Do not purchase this bear thinking of it as a cuddle buddy, or even a bear that will get played with; this is a show piece that makes a great gift for any occasion when it is signed by a caring group of people.
Read all 1 Reviews
Write a Review
Amount Paid (US$): included
Type of Toy: Stuffed Toy