-24%

Free Shipping Hayneedle
Free Shipping Walmart.com

Outstanding Product

Mar 3, 2005

Pros:Good for the money, Company reputation, Instantaneous coffee.

Cons:Needs adequate counter-space

The Bottom Line: Bunn's reputation prevails again!

I recently purchased the VP17-1 Stainless Steel model for my home. I have had experience with Bunn at work, and always appreciated the quality. When my husband and I went through 2 coffee pots in 2 years at $60 - $70 for each one (only used 2x's a day), we decided it was time to buy commercial. We knew Bunn was the only way to go, so I shopped around for the best price on the web and found a place in Illinois that was $215.00 with free shipping (dccoffeeproducts). This unit did not come with the decanters, so I went to our local GFS and got them at a reasonable rate (was even cheaper than any wholesale club price) and they had plenty in stock. Once we received it unpacked it, followed the directions, it was making coffee for us instantaneously!!! The only downfall I could think of is it needs enough counter-space. We have ours caddy-cornered and it fits nicely right under the cabinet, but needs to stick out a little to pour the water in. So if you are tight on counter-space, I wouldn't recommend it.

We are very pleased with our purchase and seeming it is a recent purchase I am guessing it will outlive our past coffee makers. I'll have to get back with you all in a few years on this one!

The one thing to keep in mind if you have not had experience with these pour over coffee brewers; you will need to make sure that your decanter is in place before you are ready to fill it with water, it literally comes out as you are still pouring the water in. It comes with a nifty plastic pitcher so you can fill up the water. It also comes with a deliming spring (to clean the unit if it clogs up - read the manual) and filters which are slightly larger than your regular filters.

I would recommend this product to anyone who has had bad luck with coffee pots like we have and who has ample enough counter-space to accommodate the unit.

Shop for Coffee Makers from Hayneedle.com! About Bunn-O-Matic CorporationFounded in 1957, Bunn-O-Matic Corporation introduced the first paper coffee f...
Hayneedle
Hayneedle

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. The Bunn 13300.0011 VP17-1BLK Pourover Coffee Brewer with One Warmer in Black is perfect for convenience stores...
Home Depot