Burberry The Beat 1.7oz Men's Eau de Toilette Reviews

Burberry The Beat 1.7oz Men's Eau de Toilette

FragranceNet

Burberry's "The Beat" is a Must Have Cologne

Dec 2, 2009

Pros:Citrus/Athletic Scent, Crisp, No Burning, Great Bottle, Women love it

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Burberry's The Beat is a fantastic cologne, and one of the best in its price range.

As many of you know, I'm a fan of Burberry Colognes, and its not due to their "British Heritage." Rather, I like smelling like one of the goons from the movie "Snatch". That's what Burberry is known for in Great Britain, as while they produce fancy colognes, they've been associated with the knife fighting thugs that tend to go to soccer games. A good cologne is going to allow you to attract women, while not smelling like you just walked out of a flower shop. There are several products out there that could be confused with women's perfume, and while I tend to like some of those aromas for a variety of reasons, I don't want to smell like Paris Hilton. At the same time, I don't want to have a scent on, that's a reminder of deer estrus from hunting season.

Burberry
has been able to dance delicately in this regard, as their scents are masculine, yet they have a soft side to them. I've been buying their Brit and London products for years, as they are spicy, macho scents that make me want to put on a leather jacket. Recently I discovered a couple of newer products from them, and my favorite is "The Beat." It was introduced in 2008, and I wish that I had discovered it sooner. Just like all of their colognes, it has the famous checkerboard design on the bottle, and the operation of it is flawless. A lot of cologne sprayers tend to wear out, and you have to be gentle with them near their end of service. The Beat's is another shining example of how this company's dedication to quality is legendary, and the bottle itself is quite attractive in my medicine cabinet.

I had to laugh when I checked out the Burberry internet site. Whoever writes their cologne advertisements, must have a "double major" in English. What on Earth is "Vetier Bourbon, Leatherwood, Cedrat, Black Pepper, and Violet Leaves combined" mean? Am I the only one confused by this? It would be great to have Lee IaCocca reprise his role from the commercials with Snoop Dogg, and say "Yah dah yah dah yah dah" Since I can't comprehend these fancy phrases, I'll speak English, and say that it is a scent with citrusy notes to it, along with a bit of mellowed out musk. This cologne is a bit different from their other products, as its a bit more athletic. It's not necessarily a "young" cologne, but it would probably be best for the 18-35 crowd.

The scent isn't overpowering, so you can use a decent amount, without worrying about seeing birds hitting the ground dead near you, when you walk by. That being said, you only need to use an average portion, as this scent stays on all day. I would say that you don't need to use it more than every twelve hours, and I've been impressed with how its held up after workouts or a full day of work. It doesn't burn during application after shaving, and while this cologne is an all purpose type, I'd put it in the casual category. This would be excellent for a night at the club, and from what I've heard from several ladies, they like this one a lot.

You are going to pay a decent amount for this, as it is a newer product in the Burberry Line. However, its in the moderate range, and a 1.7 ounce bottle is usually priced around $57. During Christmas, you might be able to get a gift set with the cologne, along with deodorant and body wash for a few dollars more. Use common sense, and check big box stores along with online retailers for the best deal. The extra few bucks is worth it, as this is a winning product that Burberry should be proud of. This cologne is a perfect compliment to the spicier and more mature Brit and London, and I fully recommend it as a change of pace or for a night of clubbing.

in titles description Add my Store to your Favorites and receive my email newsletters about new items and special promotions! Free Shipping on selecte...

The Beat fragrance was launched by the design house of Burberry Men's cologne is available in a 1.7-ounce bottle Eau de toilette is great for nearly a...
EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ for MEN vetiver bourbon, violet leaves accord, leatherwood, black pepper cedrat
FragranceNet