Butterball Everyday Ready to Roast Classic Boneless Turkey Breast Reviews

Butterball Everyday Ready to Roast Classic Boneless Turkey Breast

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

Butterball Everyday Ready to Roast Classic Boneless Turkey Breast - Easy and Tasty

Aug 22, 2011 (Updated Aug 26, 2011)

Pros:delicious turkey and gravy, low carb, really easy to make

Cons:would like a pop up timer

The Bottom Line: Thanksgiving dinner easy enough to make any day of the week!

I was shopping for groceries with my husband and looked in the frozen turkey bin at Walmart to see what was new. I noticed the Butterball Everyday Ready to Roast Classic Boneless Turkey Breast and grabbed one. My husband and I love turkey and have tried a few different types of Turkey Roasts. This was by far the best and easiest to make.

Packaging and Product Description

I found my Butterball Everyday Ready to Roast Classic Boneless Turkey Breast in my grocery store's freezer section with all the other turkeys. It comes in a plastic bag that contains the Turkey Breast and a gravy packet. The turkey breast comes in an oven ready baking bag that can go directly from freezer to oven. The turkey roast varies in weight. This is a white meat only turkey roast that is shaped into an oval shape without any skin or fat to trim. The baking bag is not huge and is just a little bigger than the roast. The accompanied gravy packet is set aside and combined with roast drippings before serving

How to Prepare Turkey Roast and Gravy

Roast: The instructions for preparing the roast are so simple you can make this any night of the week that you feel like having turkey. All you have to do is take the roast out of the outer bag, right from the freezer, and leave it in the inner baking bag. Put the frozen roast in the baking bag right into a small glass pan and bake it at 375 for 1 hr 45 min to 2 hrs 15 minutes. Check the temp at the end of the roasting time with a meat thermometer. I was thinking that if they put a pop up timer in this thing it would be even more easy. Not sure why they didn't! The instructions say to let the turkey rest 20 minutes in the bag before opening.

Gravy: When the roast is done, remove the drippings and add enough water to make 1 1/2cups of liquid and then add the gravy packet and simmer until bubbly. I did not add the extra water and just reduced the amount of the gravy packet to compensate because I did not feel we needed that much gravy. I added some pepper to the mix because my husband and I like it with pepper.

Our Roasting Experience ( 4 stars)

The Butterball Everyday Ready to Roast Classic Boneless Turkey Breast was very easy to roast. The only thing that I did not like was that in order to take the temperature you had to poke through the bag. I started checking it at 1hr 45 minutes and it was not done so I ended up having to cook it an additional 30 minutes. I really think they should put a pop up timer in this to make it easier to check the temp without having to poke through the bag. At the end of the roasting time you are supposed to let it sit for 20 minutes but my husband and I were starving so I got right to the serving part. After removing the drippings for the gravy I used a fork to lift the roast out of the cooking bag and put it on a plate. It did not stick to the bag and was easy to transfer. I used an electric knife to slice it for serving. What I do is place a small cutting board right on top of the plate. Then I carve the roast, and slide it off the cutting board right on to the plate. The roast fits fine on a regular sized dinner plate. If you wanted to cut it with a regular sharp knife I think it would work fine too.

Ease of making the Gravy (5 stars)

The gravy was very easy to prepare. I used a turkey baster to remove the juice from the bag. I sort of tilted the pan up so that all the juice would run to one side. The bag never broke in cooking so it was easy to use the baster to transfer the liquid from the bag to my pan. Once I had most of it out I removed the roast to a plate for carving and poured the rest of the drippings into the pan for making the gravy. The instructions say to add enough water to the drippings to make 1.5 cups of liquid before adding the gravy packet. I did not measure out the drippings but estimate that there was close to one cup, so rather than adding water I just did not use the entire packet of gravy. All I did was add a little pepper and stir while boiling. Then I poured it into a gravy server.

Taste of Finished Roast (5 stars) and Gravy (5 stars)

My husband and I absolutely loved the Butterball Turkey Roast. It was moist and there was no fat or skin on the roast that had to be removed. The Roast was enough for my husband and I and we had enough left overs for another full meal. I think this would serve a family of 4 if two were children. It could maybe serve more if you are serving a lot of side dishes. It does state on the website that the turkey roast size varies so you might want to check that when purchasing. I will definitely be purchasing this again

The gravy was delicious. I have never been very good at making gravy and this makes very good tasting gravy that is not too salty or starchy like jarred gravy. I added a little pepper while cooking the gravy and it tasted amazing.

Serving Suggestions

If you are having this for an any time meal but want to make it special without a lot of trouble. We served this with boiled red potatoes that I cut in half before boiling and after draining added a pat or two of butter. We also served the turkey with a bag of frozen steam fresh microwave corn. To top it off, besides the gravy we bought a small can of cranberry sauce. If you wanted to, it would be easy enough to whip up some stove top dressing and really make it a feast.

Ingredients

Ingredients are provided as a convenience for consumers. Accuracy can not be guaranteed by Epinions or the Author. Please be aware that changes to ingredients can be made over time so to get the most accurate and up to date information please contact the manufacture.

Website:
www.butterball.com

Mail: Butterball Consumer Affairs
        PO Box 1547
        Kings Mountain, NC 28086

Call: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (800-288-8372)
    Weekdays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST (Central Standard Time)

Turkey Ingredients: Boneless Turkey Breast, Contains up to 25% of a solution of water, contains 2% or less of Salt, Sugar, and Sodium Phosphate to Enhance Tenderness and Juiciness.

Gravy Ingredients: Water, Modified Corn Starch, Maltodextrin, Salt, Rice Flour, Cooked Turkey, Onion Powder, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, Spices

If you have any questions or comments about the Butter Ball Turkey Roast please leave them in the comments section. If you are waiting for a response don't forget to click the link to be notified of comments by email.

:-)

Becky

Butterball Turkey Buttery Creole Seasoning Kit   10219185

Butterball Turkey Buttery Creole Seasoning Kit 10219185

Easy to use seasoning kit for turkey Kit contains Cajun Spice rub, Buttery Creole Marinade, and injector Flavors turkey inside and out for attention-g...
Bass Pro Shops

BUTTERBALL 23101609 Carving Gloves

The Butterball Carving Gloves are designed to protect your hands from heat and splattering grease. They are pliable enough to grip small things while ...

2 Ea. Butterball Turkey Seasonings Kits Buttery Creole Seasoning & Injector

2 Ea. Butterball Turkey Seasonings Kits Buttery Creole Seasoning & Injector

2 Each BUTTERBALL Turkey Seasoning Kits E ach Kit contains the following:1-16 oz. Marinade 1-3.7 oz Savory Seasoning GREAT ON THE GRILL 2 PACKAGES GRE...

Butterball Garlic and Savory Herb Turkey Seasoning Kit   10230837

Butterball Garlic and Savory Herb Turkey Seasoning Kit 10230837

Easy to use seasoning kit for turkey Kit contains rub, marinade, and injector Flavors turkey inside and out for attention-grabbing taste Marinade and ...
Bass Pro Shops

Masterbuilt 23100412 Butterball Garlic & Savory Herbs Turkey Seasoning

The Butterball Garlic and Herb Marinade is just the thing you need to liven up the food at your next meal. Butterball Marinade contains flavors of roa...

23100412 Butterball Garlic & Savory Herbs Turkey Seasoning

23100412 Butterball Garlic & Savory Herbs Turkey Seasoning

Masterbuilt 23100909 Butterball 1oz Plastic Marinade Injector

Masterbuilt 23100909 Butterball 1oz Plastic Marinade Injector

Color: Clear Features: Manufactured to the Highest Quality Available. Design is stylish and innovative. Satisfaction Ensured. Great Gift Idea. Masterb...