Carson-Dellosa Publishing CHARTLET VERBS PHOTOGRAPHIC Reviews

Carson-Dellosa Publishing CHARTLET VERBS PHOTOGRAPHIC

Verb Chart

Jan 26, 2012

Pros:nice photos, good verbs

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: This is a good educational poster about verbs.

Learning the parts of speech is something that children need to do when they are beginning to write.  Verbs are among the first  part of speech that children learn, along with nouns, since they are an essential part of the sentence.  This chart helps children to see what verbs can be.

The Poster
Carson Dellosa’s Verbs Chart is an important learning tool and can be used along with their Nouns Chart for a complete lesson.  The chart measures 17 inches wide by 22 inches long and is made on cardstock material with a semi-shiny surface.  The title of the poster, “Verbs” is at the top along with the definition for a verb, “(verbs) tell what someone or something is doing.”  There are 24 pictures of common verbs on this chart.  They are arranged in 6 rows of 4 but in no particular order.  Each picture is a photo and is labeled with it’s verb underneath.  Each photo is rimmed in a colorful border.

My Thoughts
I used this poster in my homeschool classroom with my daughter when she was in first and second grade.  I used it along with the Nouns Poster to help my daughter learn how to write a simple but complete sentence.

The photos on this poster are quite nice. They show action as well as a still photo can.  There are verbs like yawn and climb and catch and play.  .The photos are fun to look at.  The text underneath describes the pictures in case one is unsure of the action in the picture.

I like this poster because it helped my daughter to find out what verbs are.  She was able to pick a noun off of the Noun poster and a verb off of this Verb Chart and make a sentence.  This poster gave her the chance to find verbs that she may not have otherwise thought of.

Recommendations
I would recommend this Carson Dellosa Verb Chart.  It is great for first and second graders to help them learn about verbs.  I am happy that I used this poster to help my daughter learn about verbs and I will use it again with my son when he is ready for it.

Type of Toy: Educational
Age Range of Child: 6 to 8 Years

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Storage Pocket Chart

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Storage Pocket Chart

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Storage Pocket Chart with 10 13 1/2 x 7 Pockets, Hanger Grommets, 14 x 47

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Chartlet Set, Early Learning, 17 x 22, 1 set

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Chartlet Set, Language Arts, 17 x 22, 1 set

Carson-dellosa Publishing Sign Language

Carson-dellosa Publishing Sign Language

Irresistible Deals 4 You NEW Carson-Dellosa Publishing Sign Language - We only sell Brand New items. - This item is entitled to FREE SHIPPING ! - Upgr...

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Hundreds Pocket Chart

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Hundreds Pocket Chart

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Hundreds Pocket Chart with 100 Clear Pockets, Colored Number Cards, 26 x 26

Carson-dellosa Publishing Fun At The Fair Seek And Play Puzzle

Carson-dellosa Publishing Fun At The Fair Seek And Play Puzzle

The Lotoons Store Carson-Dellosa Publishing Fun at the Fair Seek and Play Puzzle 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE AR...

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Quick Stick Bulletin Board Set, Colors and Shapes

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Quick Stick Bulletin Board Set, Colors and Shapes

With the Carson-Dellosa Publishing Quick Stick Bulletin Board Set, setting up a bright, engaging display has never been easier. There's no need for ta...

CARSON-DELLOSA PUBLISHING Adjustable Mobile Chart Stand CDPCD7550

CARSON-DELLOSA PUBLISHING Adjustable Mobile Chart Stand CDPCD7550

CARSON-DELLOSA PUBLISHING CDPCD7550 Mobile stand delivers the flexibility a busy office demands. Adjusts from 42w x 48h to 78w x 75h. Five movable ch...
Wayfair Supply

Carson-Dellosa Publishing CD-3924 Flash Cards, Everyday Words in Spanish: Photographic, 3w x 6h, 104/Pack

Flash Cards, Everyday Words in Spanish: Photographic, 3w x 6h, 104/Pack
Carson-Dellosa Publishing Pocket Chart Cards

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Pocket Chart Cards

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Alphabet Cards for Pocket Chart, 4 x 2 3/4, 102 Cards, Ages 4-5