Carson-Dellosa Publishing CHARTLET VERBS PHOTOGRAPHIC Reviews

Carson-Dellosa Publishing CHARTLET VERBS PHOTOGRAPHIC

Verb Chart

Jan 26, 2012

Pros:nice photos, good verbs

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: This is a good educational poster about verbs.

Learning the parts of speech is something that children need to do when they are beginning to write.  Verbs are among the first  part of speech that children learn, along with nouns, since they are an essential part of the sentence.  This chart helps children to see what verbs can be.

The Poster
Carson Dellosa’s Verbs Chart is an important learning tool and can be used along with their Nouns Chart for a complete lesson.  The chart measures 17 inches wide by 22 inches long and is made on cardstock material with a semi-shiny surface.  The title of the poster, “Verbs” is at the top along with the definition for a verb, “(verbs) tell what someone or something is doing.”  There are 24 pictures of common verbs on this chart.  They are arranged in 6 rows of 4 but in no particular order.  Each picture is a photo and is labeled with it’s verb underneath.  Each photo is rimmed in a colorful border.

My Thoughts
I used this poster in my homeschool classroom with my daughter when she was in first and second grade.  I used it along with the Nouns Poster to help my daughter learn how to write a simple but complete sentence.

The photos on this poster are quite nice. They show action as well as a still photo can.  There are verbs like yawn and climb and catch and play.  .The photos are fun to look at.  The text underneath describes the pictures in case one is unsure of the action in the picture.

I like this poster because it helped my daughter to find out what verbs are.  She was able to pick a noun off of the Noun poster and a verb off of this Verb Chart and make a sentence.  This poster gave her the chance to find verbs that she may not have otherwise thought of.

Recommendations
I would recommend this Carson Dellosa Verb Chart.  It is great for first and second graders to help them learn about verbs.  I am happy that I used this poster to help my daughter learn about verbs and I will use it again with my son when he is ready for it.

Type of Toy: Educational
Age Range of Child: 6 to 8 Years

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Storage Pocket Chart

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Storage Pocket Chart

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Storage Pocket Chart with 10 13 1/2 x 7 Pockets, Hanger Grommets, 14 x 47

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Chartlet Set, Early Learning, 17 x 22, 1 set

Carson-Dellosa Publishing - Chartlet Set, Math, 17 x 22, 1 set 144156 (DMi ST

Carson-Dellosa Publishing - Chartlet Set, Math, 17 x 22, 1 set 144156 (DMi ST

A bright way to give important learning concepts visual impact. Sets feature colorful graphics that give concrete examples of a range of key ideas. He...

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Chartlet Set, Language Arts, 17 x 22, 1 set

Carson -Dellosa Publishing CDP162028 Science Chartlet - for Middle Grades - 6 Charts - 17 x 22, Multi-Color

Middle Grades Science Chartlet Set offers illuminating pictures and explanations on Mass and Weight; Gravity; Magnets; Planet Earth; Rainbows and Ligh...
BizChair.com

Carson-Dellosa Learning Cards - Verbs: Actions

Carson-Dellosa Learning Cards - Verbs: Actions

Verbs learning cards include 48 4 1/4in. x 5 1/2in. action scene photographs, word lists and activity ideas Written in English and Spanish with a reso...
Office Depot

CARSON-DELLOSA PUBLISHING Photographic Learning Cards Boxed Set, People and Emotions, Grades K-12 CDPD44044

CARSON-DELLOSA PUBLISHING CDPD44044 Bright, engaging themed photographic cards come in a convenient boxed set and offer a real classroom value. A use...
Wayfair Supply

Carson-Dellosa Publishing - Chartlet Set, Language Arts, 17 x 22, 1 set 144154 (DMi ST

CARSON-DELLOSA PUBLISHING Student Birthday Crown (Set of 30)

CARSON-DELLOSA PUBLISHING Student Birthday Crown (Set of 30)

The Carson-Dellosa Publishing Student Crown is a colorful crown that lets your student feel royally special. The student crown has space for adding wr...

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Hundreds Pocket Chart

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Hundreds Pocket Chart

Carson-Dellosa Publishing Hundreds Pocket Chart with 100 Clear Pockets, Colored Number Cards, 26 x 26