Coby CX-96 AM/FM Radio Reviews

Coby CX-96 AM/FM Radio

A great little find

Apr 21, 2008

Pros:Digital tuning and presets, great reception.

Cons:Awkward arm strap, cheap headphones.

The Bottom Line: I would say this radio has great reception and a great price making it worth the money.

I bought this radio for my husband who simply wants to listen to sports while he works outside or on his breaks at work. The following are a list of things he loves about it:

1. Has both AM and FM radio.
2. Includes a clock and a light to help see the screen.
3. Has digital tuning.
4. 20 total presets, 10 for each band.
5. Screen shows time as well as the presets and a volume bar.
6. Has a hold button so that while you are working you will not bump a button and accidentally change the station or the volume level. Also useful for when the unit is not in use so that you do not bump it on and burn up the batteries.
7. Comes with arm band strap and holder as well as a pair of headphones.
8. Has great reception and picks up even tough to get AM stations. He was very impressed that it even got ones he is unable to get in his car or in our house on regular radios.

Things he dislikes:

1. Arm strap that comes with it is strange to use. The Velcro is only on one side so you have to run it through the holder awkwardly.
2. The headphones that come with it are the hard plastic in the ear type with no foam covers for comfort. If he wears them for too long he finds they hurt his ears.
3. The arm strap holder is a little cheap looking and could break if you are too rough with it.
4. No belt clip.
5. Clock is always on and so it has to be using battery power constantly. If it were not for the presets he would take them out when he was not going to be using it, but then he might have to reset the presets each time. We have yet to see how long the 2 AA batteries will last.

Overall this has been a good purchase. It was not a lot of money to spend and has turned out to be just what he wanted.

-Listening to the radio on-the-go has never been easier with the Coby CX96 All-Weather Sport AM/FM Digital Radio with Arm Band. Its ultra-slim compact...