Coby CXCD241 CD Boombox

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Bad customer service and poor quality product

Apr 17, 2007
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Sound:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Pros:small and inexpensive

Cons:humming noise buttons don't function exchange of faulty product at consumer's expense

The Bottom Line: Don't buy, doesn't work after a short time and a replacement will cost you at least $12.

I bought this inexpensive and small stereo because my daughter doesn't need anything fancy with many functions and a great sound. I expected the Coby player to work just fine and wasn't too surprised when the first thing I heard after plugging it in was the hum I had read about in other reviews.
After about 6 weeks the 'Stop','Play/Pause', 'Previous' and 'Next' buttons stopped working properly (one has to push 'Stop' repeatedly to get the CD to stop). Sometimes it would just skip to the next track, nice feature, because the 'Previous' and 'Next' button do not work.
After trying different CDs and always the same result I called the customer service number for a replacement. The lady agreed with me that I should get a replacement but she also told me that not only would I have to pay the shipping to get the unit there but they also want the customer to include a money order for the return shipping! $12 shipping both ways for a $20 CD player, good joke.
I emailed COBY directly about this, didn't hear back from them, tried again a month ago, still nothing!
Spare yourself the headache and don't buy the COBY CX-CD241.

Coby Cxcd251red Portable Cd Player With Am/fm Radio Red

Coby Cxcd251red Portable Cd Player With Am/fm Radio Red

Irresistible Deals 4 You NEW Coby CXCD251RED Portable CD Player with AM/FM Radio Red - We only sell Brand New items. - This item is entitled to FREE S...

Coby Cxcd377 Black Micro Cd Player Stereo System With Am/fm Radio Tuner

Coby Cxcd377 Black Micro Cd Player Stereo System With Am/fm Radio Tuner

COBY CXCD377 Micro CD Stereo System Key Features Vertical loading CD player Multi-function backlit LCD display Electronic volume control 20 watts of t...