-11%
Crest NEW 3D WHITE ADVANCED VIVID WHITENING TOOTHPASTE (037000261452) Reviews

Crest NEW 3D WHITE ADVANCED VIVID WHITENING TOOTHPASTE (037000261452)

+$5.18 shipping Target
+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

Crest 3D White Advanced Vivid Whitening Toothpaste was a Disappointment!

Nov 25, 2011 (Updated Nov 29, 2011)

Pros:Foaming action
Likeable mint taste
Contains fluoride

Cons:Didn't whiten my teeth
Expensive compared to other Crest toothpastes
No promise of tartar control

The Bottom Line: If you want to remove surface stains and whiten your teeth, Crest 3D White Advanced Vivid Whitening Toothpaste will be a disappointment.

When it was time to purchase another tube of toothpaste, I perused the toothpaste shelf at the grocery store and Crest 3D White caught my eye.

Description:

Crest 3D White comes in a bright blue box with a lighter blue band running along the box that states, “Whitens:  can remove up to 80% of surface stains in 14 days.”

I purchased the 4.0 oz tube in radiant mint.  This toothpaste contains a patented micro-cleansing whitener that is claimed to lift and polish away surface stains.  As well as whitening, Crest 3D White fights cavities with fluoride as well as removes plaque.

The tube of Crest 3D White has a flip top cap and can stand upright on your bathroom counter.

The consistency of Crest 3D White is the same as the Crest Extra Whitening toothpaste that I have been using for the past couple of years.  Crest 3D White has a gentle foaming action and is very pleasant tasting.

My Experience:

I have been using various Crest toothpastes ever since the “Look, Mom – No cavities!” commercial was first advertised on television and this brand has fared well over the years.

Being a skeptic, I wondered how Crest 3D White would compare to my usual tube of Crest Extra Whitening.  For fourteen days, I brushed the right side of my teeth with the new Crest 3D White and brushed the left side of my teeth with my regular Crest Extra Whitening.

After two weeks, I saw virtually no difference in whitening or brightening of my teeth, nor did my husband see a difference.

My Take:

I can purchase an 8 oz. tube of Crest Extra Whitening for about the same cost of a 4 oz. tube of Crest 3D White.  I would be willing to pay more for a toothpaste if it actually did whiten my teeth more than my regular toothpaste;  however,  it didn’t.

Even though the box of Crest 3D White claims the formula removes plaque, it says nothing about tartar protection.  I tend to have excessive tartar buildup on the inside of my lower teeth which has greatly improved since using Crest Extra Whitening toothpaste.  I have dental cleanings and tartar removal every six months by my dentist, and even he has noticed my tartar has lessened significantly.

Being I see no difference in whitening my teeth and no claim of tartar protection with Crest 3D White, I will stick to my regular toothpaste.

The active ingredient in both varieties described above is Sodium Fluoride 0.243.  With either toothpaste I am well protected against cavities.  I do not wish a trade off for “supposedly” whitening my teeth with no tartar protection at approximately twice the cost of my regular toothpaste.

I was truly hoping the Crest 3D White would remove 80% of surface stains and whiten my teeth as claimed, but I will have to resort to Crest Whitening Strips to achieve a brighter smile.  I would not purchase Crest 3D White again.

Cost:

The cost of a 4 oz. tube of Crest 3D White was $ 3.99 at a grocery store I patronize.

Thank you for reading my review and Lean N' Mean Entry!

Crest 3D White Advanced Vivid Toothpaste combines an enamel safe whitening ingredient with Whitebond technology to help prevent future stains from for...
Find oral care products at Target.com! Crest 3-D white radiant mint anticavity toothpaste - 4 oz

IMPORTANT INFORMATION For security reasons, we only ship to the address listed in the eBay Transaction Details.Due to occasional manufacturer re-brand...
Removes up to 80% of surface stains.Micro-cleansing whiteners polish away surface stains.Radiant Mint flavor for fresher breath.Gentle foaming action ...
Crest 3D white Radiant Mint 4.0 oz, green toothbrush soft Bristle, box has been re taped, 5/2015.Check out my other items !
TO NETREBAUA STORE!!! YOU ARE PURCHASING :2 packs Crest 3D White radiant mint fluoride anticavity toothpaste Size: 4 oz in each package Fresh, New, an...
Lot of 6 new and sealed Crest 3D White Radiant Mint Toothpaste. 4 oz each. Removes up to 80% of surface stains. Whiter teeth 100% guaranteed. Enamel s...