Crest White Strips (ZCW1)

Didn't work for me - however, there are other options that did work.

Nov 17, 2002 (Updated Jul 8, 2003)

Pros:Cheaper than whitening at your dentist

Cons:Messy, time consuming, didn't work

The Bottom Line: Crest Whitestrips don't work well and there are better and cheaper alternatives on the market.

Being addicted to coffee, I am always looking for ways to erase the caffeine damage to my teeth. I found this product to have a lot of flaws.

HOW THEY WORK

You get 28 strips for your top teeth and 28 strips for your bottom teeth. Each strip is individually packaged. You open one package and find a clear plastic strip. There is a peel-away part of the strip. You peel this top layer away and apply the rest of the strip to your teeth. The instructions indicate you should leave the strip on for 1/2 an hour. Use two strips a day. Use all of the top strips first, then use the bottom strips.

THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN WEIGHING WHETHER TO PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT.

They only cover the front of your teeth. You can't get the back ones. This worked for me because my smile doesn't show many teeth, but for those with teethy smiles, you may want to consider something else.

You are supposed to spend 14 days on the top teeth and then 14 days on the bottom teeth. So, unlike the package promise, you get white teeth in 28 days. The package does not explain why you can't do your top and bottom teeth at the same time.

You have to wear a plastic strip on your teeth for one hour a day, for 28 days. This is different from whitening toothpastes and other products that don't use the strips.

They taste gross. There is a taste after the strip is applied which dissipates pretty quickly. The bad taste returns when you remove the strip. The taste is similar to pool chemicals.

OTHER INFORMATION FROM THE PACKAGING AND INSTRUCTIONS

Try to use all of the strips in 28 days.

Will not whiten caps, crowns, veneers or fillings.

Do not use if you have dental braces on the teeth to be whitened.

Teeth may become temporarily sensitive when using White Strips.

You may experience gum discomfort while using White Strips.

Teeth may discolor faster if exposed to tobacco, coffee, tea, dark colas and red wine.

Not for children under 12.

web site: www.whitestrips.com

MY EXPERIENCE

After about 10 days, I didn't notice any real improvement, so I stopped using the strips because I found them uncomfortable and inconvenient.

The plastic strips reminded me of my adolescent retainer days. It was difficult to talk without them sliding around.

The instructions say if you have stubborn stains, it may be necessary to use a second box to achieve desired results. This seems self-serving to me. They recommend a second box if the first one doesn't work? I thought at first this product didn't work for me because I had "stubborn stains." However, I tried Colgate Simply White and Rembrant whitening toothpaste and both have given me instant results.

INGREDIENTS

Purified Water, Glycerin, Hydrogen Peroxide, Carbopol 956, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Stannate

GUARANTEE

There is a guarantee that says you can return the lower strips for a full refund if the product doesn't work. The packaging doesn't give the terms of the guarantee, you have to call a 1-800 number. I will update the review if I decide to pursue this option.

FINAL RECOMMENDATION

I can't recommend this product. Maybe the inconvenience, bad taste and time commitment would be worth it if they worked. However, I didn't notice any real improvement. I have since tried Colgage Simply White, which is much easier to use and gave me great results. I have also used Rembrandt toothpastes which worked better than White Strips.

My epinion for Colgage Simply White is at: http://www.epinions.com/content_80650931844.

I find that my Sonicare toothbrush also has a whitening effect similar to Colgate Simply White. My epinion of the Sonicare is at: http://www.epinions.com/content_105411219076.

Crest 3d White Professional Effects Whitestrips 40 Strips

Crest 3D White Whitestrips With Advanced Seal Professional Effects Enamel Safe Dental Whitening Kit 20 Pouches: Each with1 Upper and 1 Lower Strip (40...

Crest 3d White Professional Effects Teeth Whitening Strips 20 Count,

Crest 3d White Professional Effects Teeth Whitening Strips 20 Count,

Crest 3d White Professional Effects Teeth Whitening Strips 20 Count, 20.000 Count Features:Professional level teeth whitening at home.Apply once a day...

5 Pouches/10 Strips Crest 3d White Professional Effects Whitestrips

5 Pouches/10 Strips Crest 3d White Professional Effects Whitestrips

Crest 3D White Whitestrips With Advanced Seal Professional Effects Enamel Safe Dental Whitening Kit 5 Pouches: Each with1 Upper and 1 Lower Strip (10 ...

Crest 3d White Professional Effects Teeth Whitening Strips 20 Count, Free Shippi

Crest 3d White Professional Effects Teeth Whitening Strips 20 Count, 20.000 Count Image may be a representation, please refer to the listing details a...

Crest 3d White Professional Effects Whitestrips 40 Strips

Crest 3D White Intensive Professonial Effects Whtiestrips® Description Professional Level Whitening Guaranteed With Advanced Seal­™ No Slip Techno...

Crest 3D White Advanced Vivid Teeth Whitening Strips 14 Count

Crest 3D White Advanced Vivid Teeth Whitening Strips 14 Count

Advance to a brighter look with enamel-safe Advanced Vivid Whitestrips. With Advanced Seal Technology for a no-slip grip and easy application, start s...

Crest 3d White White Strips Professional Effects Teeth Whitening Kit

Crest 3d White White Strips Professional Effects Teeth Whitening Kit

Home About Us Shipping FAQ Contact Us Feedback of our customers Check Out our new items Send Message through our contact form Newsletter Add my Shop t...