Cables to Go Cables To Go (29563) 7-Ports External Hub Reviews

Cables to Go Cables To Go (29563) 7-Ports External Hub

A Sturdy Little Hub From A Name I Trust

Mar 8, 2008

Pros:Great performance, slim design; well engineered; 7 USB Ports

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: The Cables-To-Go 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub is a small, affordable, convenient solution to my USB dilemma.

Universal Serial Bus (USB) is everywhere and thankfully so, because the good ole PC was running out of IRQ ports to handle new hardware. Slow out of the gate, USB is everywhere now and is miraculously standard across Mac and PC alike. Like everyone else I have a myriad of USB devices from printers, to keyboards, to mice, and memory sticks and digital camera, almost anything to attaches to a computer in the Year 2008 does so via USB.

My old desktop PC has no less than (10) available USB ports and I used a fair amount of them. But my new Dell XPS-One Desktop PC only has six, and I have upwards to seven devices I might want to plug into the machine at any given time, so I had a dilemma, one I resolved with the little stylish Cables-To-Go 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub.

The Hub

In The Box

o Cables-To-Go 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub
o 3-foot USB cable
o Base w/mounting screws
o A/C Power Adapter

As the name implies the Cables-To-Go 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub is adorned with (7) USB 2.0 ports, 4 in the back of the unit and three in the front. Additionally, this unit like most USB hubs can support up to 127 devices and its USB 2.0 designation ensures high speed data transfers up to 480 Mbps (Megabits per second).

The slim black and silver unit is surprisingly small and thus saves space while the smart port placement—like I stated the majority of the ports are situated in the back of the unit—coupled with the hard-mountable metal (mounting screws included) base help keep the hub in place even when several USB cables are connected. And the little hub is portable, sliding easily out of its base. However, if you want to make the base less slippery, Cables-To-Go provides a foam insert that can be attached to the unit.

The 7-Port USB 2.0 “Aluminum” Hub can draw power from the computer it’s attached to, or you can utilize the included A/C adapter. Once powered on a small blue LED glows on top of the unit.

First Impressions

Though smaller than I anticipated, I am very happy with the Cables-To-Go 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub. The hub feels solid in the hand and stays in place as advertised. Cable slide into the provided ports and stay put, which is important since I have the hub tangling over the edge of my inside desk drawer. This is because the provided three foot cable is too short. Six foot is standard, so I do not why Cables-To-Go decided to slight the consumer.

Be forwarded, the blue power LED is powerful and bright; you might want to cover it with a piece of cloth or tape. As for me, I like the blue glow.

Conclusion

The Cables-To-Go 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub is a small, affordable, convenient solution to my USB dilemma. The unit is well engineered, well balanced, attractive, and easy to use. I highly recommend it.

Cables To Go 29144 5m Ultima Usb 2.0 A/b Cable 7fde

Cables To Go 29144 5m Ultima Usb 2.0 A/b Cable 7fde

CABLES TO GO 5m ultima usb 2.0 a/b cable (29144)(New-Retail) Description: The Ultima Series of USB 2.0 Cables from Cables To Go combines style, qualit...

Cables To Go 41067 CE Labs 7-Output RCA Audio/Video Distribution Amplifier - video/audio switch - 7 ports - desktop

CE Labs 7-Output RCA Audio/Video Distribution Amplifier - Video/audio switch - desktop
PCM

V7 CBL-MD1WHT Displayport/DVI Cable

V7 CBL-MD1WHT Displayport/DVI Cable

MINI DISPLAY PORT TO DVI ADAPTER

Cables To Go 26886 Port Authority USB To Serial DB9 Adapter

Great for PDAs and digital cameras! Convert DB9 serial devices to USB with this 9 pin to USB adapter.
V7 CBL-MH1WHT Displayport/HDMI Cable

V7 CBL-MH1WHT Displayport/HDMI Cable

MINI DISPLAY PORT TO HDMI ADAPTER

PCM

Cables To Go 10152 18in 7-PIN SERIAL ATA DEVICE CABLE

Cables To Go 10152 18in 7-PIN SERIAL ATA DEVICE CABLE

Connect Serial ATA devices to your motherboard or host controller.
Cables To Go 13058 C2g 13058 Male S-video To Female Rca Video Adapter

Cables To Go 13058 C2g 13058 Male S-video To Female Rca Video Adapter

Cables to Go 13058 C2G 13058 Male S-Video to Female RCA Video Adapter NEW Model: Cables To Go 13058 Color: Blue Advanced Features: Connector 1: S-Vide...