Caladryl Clear Lotion, 6oz

Caladryl Clear Lotion: Thank Heavens For This Stuff!

Aug 13, 2008

Pros:Clear Formula, Relieves Itching Quickly, Absorbs Easily, Dries Out Rash

Cons:N/A

The Bottom Line: It's excellent for relieving the itching associated with poison rashes as well as bug bites!

My husband has always had a severe allergy to poison ivy, oak and sumac. I figured we had lucked out and avoided any issues with the girls having the same allergies. Unfortunately for the first time ever, Hailey recently had a reaction to poison ivy. Having used this on my husband, I immediately reached for the Caladryl Clear Lotion.

Cost & Location

I typically purchase our 6 FL OZ bottles of Caladryl Clear at our local Wal-Mart Super Center for $4.97. I have before purchased it at our local CVS for about a dollar more. You can purchase this almost anywhere Caladryl products are sold, varying in price.

The Details

Caladryl Clear comes in a white bottle with flip top cap. The lotion itself is clear in color and looks and feels more like a gel than an actual lotion. Caladryl Clear is an external analgesic as well as a skin protectant and is formulated to help ease itching and pain from poison oak, poison sumac, poison ivy, insect bites and rashes. The formula actually dries out the poison ivy, oak and sumac rash.

Caladryl Clear can be used on children and adults ages 2 and up, 3-4 times daily. Consult a doctor before using it on a child under the age of two. Applying Caladryl Clear is very easy as it absorbs quickly into the skin. The lotion isn't as thick as a gel, but nearly. It doesn't take much of it to completely coat the area, usually a bit smaller than a dime sized amount will cover a large area. Initially I expected it to leave a film or a coating on the skin, but, within just a couple of minutes it completely absorbs and there's no trace of it left behind.

The scent of Caladryl Clear isn't necessarily pleasing, but, it isn't horrible either. It has a slight medicine type smell to it but it's not strong or over powering. When the lotion absorbs into the skin only a slight trace of the scent is left.

It is recommended to only use this product for 7 days at a time. If the rash or condition doesn't clear up, seek medical help.

Our Experience

My husband has been using Caladryl Clear for quite some time now. Without fail, everytime he goes near the woods, he ends up with some variety of poison oak or ivy. I keep a bottle of this on hand at all times for that very reason. For the minor cases of poison oak, ivy and sumac, Caladryl Clear works wonders. There was only one occasion where his rash got completely out of hand, where Caladryl Clear just couldn't help much.

When Hailey broke out in her first poison ivy rash I immediately started applying Caladryl Clear to it. Literally within jut a few minutes of application she would stop complaining about the itching she was experiencing. The Caladryl Clear would work for several hours before the itching would come back and another application was necessary. Within 4-5 days her poison ivy rash had improved greatly and we worked down to only 2 applications a day instead of 4. Within a week it was gone and she was back to being poison ivy free! This product worked wonderfully at drying it out and keeping her itching at a minimum. I love that it's clear instead of the regular old pink stuff!

I have also used Caladryl Clear on ant bites and mosquito bites with great success. It relieves the itching and helps to heal the bites much quicker.

Overall

I would highly recommend Caladryl Clear. We always have it on hand! It's excellent for relieving the itching associated with poison rashes as well as bug bites!

Caladryl Clear Lotion 6 Oz (pack Of 3)

Caladryl Clear Lotion 6 Oz (pack Of 3)

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Caladryl Clear Lotion 6 Oz (Pack of 3) External Analgesic Drying Action plus Skin Relief Dries Clear Pack...

[2 Pack] Caladryl Clear Generic Anti-itch Lotion 6 Oz. Compare Tothe Exactsame

[2 Pack] Caladryl Clear Generic Anti-itch Lotion 6 Oz. Compare Tothe Exactsame

[2 PACK] CALADRYL CLEAR GENERIC ANTI-ITCH LOTION 6 OZ. *COMPARE TOTHE EXACTSAME ACTIVE INGREDIENTS FOUND IN CALADRYL CLEAR AND SAVE!*External A Analge...

4 Caladryl Clear Topical Analgesic Skin Protectant Lotion 6 Oz Each-exp 1/16 Cs9

CALADRYL CLEAR TOPICAL ANALGESIC SKIN PROTECTANT LOTION 6 OZ EACH EXP: 2016 YOU WILL RECEIVE 4 TOTAL NEW 3 ARE STILL FACTORY WRAPPED TOGETHER 1 BOTTLE...

Johnson & Johnson Itch Relief CaladrylŪ ClearŪ 6 oz. 1%/ 0.1% Lotion - MON50922700

Temporarily relieves pain and itching insect bites, minor skin irritationDries the oozing and weeping of poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac
BettyMills.com

Caladryl Anti Itch Lotion 6 Oz

Caladryl Anti Itch Lotion 6 Oz

We Combine Shipping Search My Listings: Shipping |Feedback |About Us Caladryl Anti Itch Lotion 6 Oz Code: 1955 Caladryl combines Calamine with an itch...

Smart Sense Clear Anti-itch Lotion 6 Fl Oz (177 Ml) Comp To Caladryl Clear X3

Smart Sense Clear Anti-itch Lotion 6 Fl Oz (177 Ml) Comp To Caladryl Clear X3

NEW!(3) Bottles of Smart Sense Clear Drying action plus itch relief. External analgesic/skin protectant. Directions: Shake well. Before applying wash ...