Candle Creations Candle making Machine

My New Candle Maker.

Dec 21, 2004

Pros:Easy to use and actually works.

Cons:There is only one shape of a candle mold in the box.

The Bottom Line: I love this candle maker but I was disappointed that there was only one candle mold.

For years I have made my own candles by simply using an old tin pot, old candle wax, wick and heat. Well, for Christmas my oldest decided to buy me a Candle Making Kit.

The Product

Candle Creations Candle Making Machine is an easy way to melt your old candle wax to make new candles. Now, the package says “fast and easy” but I don’t completely agree with the fast part because it is one candle at the time and it still takes as long to melt the wax as if I was using my old pot on the stove.

The set includes a UL listed candle maker that has an easy pour value control and a secure candle mold holder that is adjustable. You will also get a 6” Polycarbonate Pillar Candle Mold, 1 lb. of wax (color will vary), Wicking, Wick Holder and a Mold Sealer. And of course instructions that do give a step by step, easy to follow guide.

The unit is 12 ¾ H x 9 ½ W x 10 D. There is some small assembly required. But all you have to do is pop the legs into each slot and the base mold pops into the legs. You can’t get the legs in the wrong place because they will only fit one way on each side.

On the base mold you will find a lid that will open and when closed you will lock it into place with the “locking lever”, which is found right on the front of the lid. It is marked lock/unlock. The On/Off switch is on the front side of the base mold unit and clearly marked. Blue is for off and red is for on. You turn this knob accordingly. At the bottom of the base mold you will find a switch that says “open” or “close”. This is the value that allows your hot wax to fall into the candle mold.

On the bottom of the stand unit you will find a secure attachment with one part staying in place all the time and the other part will move with a strong spring and this allows you to place your candle molds in place. This slides back and forth. Because it is spring action you will need to be careful and not let it get your fingers.

At the bottom of the candle mold there is a hole and in that hole goes this small, little, black piece of hard plastic. This piece has a point on it that allows you to secure the wick in place. You should leave about 3 inches of wick out before sealing this hole shut. You will need to thread the wick through this hole first with enough going through to grab and pull some to the top of the candle mold. Where this hard plastic sealer is will actually be the wick that you light. The wick holder, which is a small, slim piece of metal will hold the wick into place after you tie it to the wick holder. You lay this across the top of the candle mold. There are slits for this to lay on each side. You will need to readjust this wick holder after placing the candle mold into the base unit.

What’s Next?

After you have prepared your candle mold for wax you will then place it into the base unit, securing it by allowing the spring action lever to close around it. Since the other attachment is permanently secure, you will have no problems doing this.

You then turn the base unit on. You do this by turning the level all the way to the right. This is as hot as it gets. You will need to make sure that you have newspaper or cardboard underneath the entire candle maker in case of messes or fire. Baking soda is recommended to have close by in case of a fire. Do not use water for water will cause this type of fire to spread. Plug the unit in.

You will also need an old wooden or plastic spoon. You then put your wax into the base mold. There is a “full” line and you should not put more wax than that line allows. You close the lid and lock it. Use a kitchen timer to time a 5-minute cooking time. After this first 5 minutes you will need to open the lid and stir the wax. Melt for another 5 minutes and stir again. It took me about 20 minutes total to get the wax completely melted. Takes about that long on the stove on low heat.

When the wax is all melted you open the wax value (leaving the lid opened) and the wax will slowing pour into the candle mold. As it gets to the top of the mold slow the value down more and this will allow you not to overfill. Let the candle sit there for about 30 minutes. If the candle caves in, which is may do, you simply take an ice pick or similar object and poke several holes into the candle near the wick. Heat the unit up again and melt more wax to fill those holds. You then take the candle mold and set it aside for an overnight drying time. Should another cave happen you will need to repeat the melting procedure and fill that hole up. Another cave in will most likely happen so don’t be alarmed or upset.

After another hour or so your candle is ready to remove and burn. This is easy to do as well. You remove the black, hard plastic, sealer from the bottom of the candle mold and use the candlewick holder to pull the candle out. Cut off the excess wick and you are ready to burn your candle.

Any left over wax will need to be drained into a sturdy glass container, in the same manner in which your candle mold was set up.

Company Info

You can order extra molds in different sizes from the order form that comes with the unit or you can pick some up at your local craft store.

www.nsiinnovations.com

Candle Creations Candle Making Machine is part of Innovations or also known as Natural Science Industries in Farmingdale, NY. 11735-1318.

You should not melt other materials than candle wax. You can buy bags of wax or recycle your old candles like I do.

How I Feel

Well, I have to admit that I like this better than I thought I would. Of course the only down fall is one mold at a time, however, small volatile candle holders can used and of course I can fill more of them up.

I was also impressed with the way the unit is made and how easy it to use. It actually looks like one of my household appliances! The color is white and all the instructions are very easy to read and follow. When I am through with making candles I can store the entire unit, still put together underneath in the cabinet.

You can also buy various mold sets found in your local stores.

Overall I am very happy my oldest bought this for me.

I hope that this has helped in some kind of way.

God Bless!