Candy Skittles Smoothie Mix, 24 Packs Per Unit

Taste the Smoothie Rainbow

Jan 23, 2008 (Updated Jan 23, 2008)

Pros:Taste is good, mix and match flavors,

Cons:Color melts to hands if you hold them for too long, Tons of Sugar

The Bottom Line: Smooth mellow taste, great if you love smoothies and fruit candies, a lot of sugar in them,

I love fruit flavored candy very much, including Skittles. There are several Flavors of Skittles now available. These include: Original, Sour, Tropical, Wild Berry, Ice cream Skittles, Skittles bubble gum, Chocolate mix,and my favorite limited edition Carnival Skittles. But today I'm talking about Smoothie Skittles.

Little History on Skittles:
Skittles were first introduced in 1974 in the UK and parts of Europe. They spread to the States as an import for a while and then in 1981 Mars began making them in the States. They recently in the past couple years have branched out the ideas with flavors and marketed the limited editions. Sometimes you can get a bag of a certain flavor with just one limited edition flavor in it. I believe this was an option with the Smoothie flavor in Cotton Candy for a limited time frame. Cotton Candy is not a flavor of the smoothie skittles bag on a regular basis so I'm not including it in this review.

Smoothie Flavors:
Lemon Berry (Yellow) - like lemon sherbet, just a little flavor but no tartness

Mixed Berry (Lavender) - the most flavorful of the bunch, berries is a good one to mix with the other flavors

Peach Pear (Light Green) - my two of my least favorite fruit flavors ... which don’t taste like it in this mix, more like banana pear I think

Orange Mango (Light Orange) - smells like orange and tastes like neither I think, I can't really explain what it is but it's good, it's fruity though

Strawberry Banana (Pink) - I like this, probably because I love Strawberries and it's not so much Banana, which I don't like bananas a whole lot

The flavors don't leave a gross after taste in your mouth. It is a moderate amount of flavoring. It is not over powering but it's not too little that you taste nothing. It has a smooth middle range flavor to it in comparison to the other skittles Mixes. Not too much not too little.

But personally, I would like it to have just a little more bite to it. I thought that there would have been more flavor to it, but then again it is a blend of flavors so maybe this is what they were going for.

Ingredients:
Sugar, Corn Syrup, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Fruit Juice from Concentrate (Grape, Strawberry, Lemon, Lime, Orange), Less than 2% - Citric Acid, Dextrin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Gelatin, Food Starch-Modified, Coloring (Includes Yellow 6 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 2 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5, Red 40, Yellow 6, Blue 1, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C).

Nutrition:

Sugars 47 g
Fiber 0 g
Does contain Vitamin C

Portability and Bag Size:
I like the snack size bags of candy for when I'm on the go. These Skittles are the perfect choice for enjoying almost anywhere like at home, the office, in the car, or during a break at a sporting event. These great fruit flavored candies can go virtually anywhere. I can put them in my purse or my child's lunch bad without a size problem. Plus if I hand my child a bag of her own Skittles she feels special like she received something she doesn't have to share. She can eat the snack bag and once it's gone, then it's gone so I know how much sugar she ate at one sitting. I don't have to worry about her eating too many pieces of candy from the bigger bags when I'm not paying attention.
Plus the small size keeps me in check so I don't eat the whole Big bag either, because I love these so much that it would be very temping.

I've just hear this but haven't researched it and don't know the rules of Kosher, but this is what I've heard:
Skittles made in the United States contain gelatin, therefore are not suitable for vegans and are not Kosher. So if that is you, look into that to see if it's something you want to eat or not.

Overall rating:
I am so Happy that they now have different flavored Skittles! If you haven't tried them, you should. If you are trying to watch your sugar intake, then don't eat too many like I do. If you love smoothies, then try this candy. If you love sugary candy then this is for you. I rated this average because when I compare it to the other skittle flavors then I like them better. I think it's because they have more taste to them then the smoothie mix, but that's just my opinion. Make your own opinion of the Smoothie mix by getting your own bag and tasting the Rainbow.

If you need more information Skittles has a website at www.skittles.com you can check out.

Skittles Original Fruit Candy 36 Count Packs With Mix Of 5 Flavors

Skittles Original Fruit Candy 36 Count Packs With Mix Of 5 Flavors

Original S k it tl es WITH MIX OF 5 DIFFERENT FRUIT FLAVORS 1 box including 36 packs You Can Buy 1 Whole Box - 36 Packs BITE SIZE CANDIES Candies Made...

Skittles SKITTLES 9 OZ APPLE CHEWY CANDY

Skittles SKITTLES 9 OZ APPLE CHEWY CANDY

Find candy and chocolate at Target.com! Skittles skittles 9 oz apple chewy candy

Skittles & More Candy Bouquet Multicolor - IAMG007, Large (Shown)

Skittles & More Candy Bouquet Multicolor - IAMG007, Large (Shown)

Shop for Candy Assortments from Hayneedle.com! The bottom's made of Skittles, and it only goes to up from there! The Skittles & More Candy Bouquet has...
Hayneedle

Skittles Original Candies Bulk 54oz Bag

Skittles Original Candies Bulk 54oz Bag

Skittles Original flavor with new green apple. This is a 54 ounce bulk bag of these fruit flavored Skittles.
blaircandy.com
Skittles Candies: 3.3 LBS

Skittles Candies: 3.3 LBS

Classic Skittles Candies in a rainbow of colors and fruit flavors.
Skittles Candy Bag Ornament

Skittles Candy Bag Ornament

There's a rainbow of fruity flavors headed for your tree! Kids and adults alike harbor a fondness for Skittles© candies. Soothe someone's sweet tooth ...
Bronners.com

Skittles Original Candy 3.5 Oz Theater Candy Pack

Skittles Original Candy 3.5 Oz Theater Candy Pack

SKITTLES Original Candy 3.5 oz Theater Candy,. 12 pcs/case. You know that great candy you get at the movie theaters? Well, now you can have it at home...

Skittles & More Candy Bouquet Multicolor - IAMG007M, Medium

Skittles & More Candy Bouquet Multicolor - IAMG007M, Medium

Hayneedle

Skittles Tropical Flavor

Skittles Tropical Flavor

Skittles Candy from Wrigley's. Skittles Sour is an assortment of tropical fruit flavors. The shiny disks have a candycoated outer shell with a chewy c...
The Candy City
Skittles Fun Size Original Fruity Candy 6-packets - 3.2 Ounces

Skittles Fun Size Original Fruity Candy 6-packets - 3.2 Ounces

Enjoy every Skittles candy classic and Skittles flavor. A variety of bite-sized chewy candies with a colorful candy shell, Skittles candies have been ...