Canjet Airlines

A Good Value.

Feb 3, 2005

Pros:Price, Service

Cons:Lack of locations

The Bottom Line: Canjets employees care about the customer, and their prices are hard to beat. A winning airline!

Canjet Airlines has not been around for a long time, but it has figured out how to be an effective value carrier. It is a division of IMP Group Limited, which is a Canadian company based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Canjet has been rated one of Canada's top 50 companies, and has won the award for that country's best airline value from The Tourist News. Here are the following locations that Canjet serves in Canada: Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, Montreal, Moncton, Deer Lake, Halifax, and St. John's. In the United States Canjet Airlines has service to New York, St.Petersburg, Sarasota, Orlando, and West Palm Beach.

I recently flew roundtrip with Canjet from New York to Toronto. It was an excellent price that caught my attention: $75.00 each way! It was painless to call their booking number(1-800-809-7777) and reserve the flight. Their website is www.canjet.com, and they fly exclusively 737-200's, and 737-500's.

The service at check-in was impeccable, as I was greeted by a SMILING employee. It was all effortless to check in my luggage and carry on, and after going through security I entered their area of the terminal. The SMILIING and courteous employee took my boarding pass, and welcomed me on board. I took my seat in the Boeing 737-200, and found it to be quite comfortable. The seats and interior were clean, and everything was well kept up for a "new, shiny look." After a smooth takeoff I was given a free cup of coffee, and relaxed with my newspaper. The almost 2 hour flights on both ocassions were the same. Employees were friendly and eager to please, and there was always good free coffee. The bathroooms were clean, and the seats offered plenty of legroom. I would compare Canjet to Southwest-they are not extravagant but they do everything right. The seating style in the plane was 3 on each side of the aisle.

The employees really do believe in customer service, and I would be happy to fly with them again. My luggage came to me without incident after each flight, and I will fly on their airline for my next trip. The only problem with this airline is the few locations, especially in the United States. However, if you are going to these cities they offer competitve prices and excellent service. Also, they offer discount to travel industry partners such as Avis rental car and Holiday Inn. There's a 20% discount with Avis-this makes Canjet even better!