Canon EOS Rebel T1i / 500D 15.1 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only) Reviews

Canon EOS Rebel T1i / 500D 15.1 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only)

Great Beginner Camera!

Sep 7, 2010
Rated Show

• Battery Life:
  • Photo Quality:
  • Shutter Lag

Pros:Easy to use, great video quality, fast start up

Cons:poor quality at 1600 iso, no mic output, auto focusing in "live mode" is poor.

I purchased this camera last year just before my senior year at college.  The camera is awesome, it takes great pictures and amazing videos once you have the concept of how an SLR works.  If you are willing to go into aperture priority and manual mode this will be a great camera.  If you just want it to be a point and shoot that takes great pictures, you may just want to look for something that will be compact.  This camera will only give you those great shots if you are willing to invest a little into how the camera works.  I would also buy the body only then purchase a different lens.  The 50mm 1.8 is a great starter lens.

This Camera is a Good Choice if You Want Something... Flexible Enough for Enthusiasts

Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG APO Macro Motorized Telephoto Zoom Lens With 3 Year Extended Lens Warranty For the Canon XS XSi T1i DSLR Camera Includes 58M...