Canon REBEL T2i

Aug 5, 2012 (Updated Aug 5, 2012)

Pros:Sharp photos, vivid colors, multiple functionalities.

Cons:A little heavy.

The Bottom Line: I would totally recommend this camera for those starting out with photography, specially if you're planning on using it for professional or semi-professional purposes. Excellent product!

I purchased this camera (Canon Rebel T2i EOS 550D with 18-55mm lens) about a year ago, as a requirement for a photography course I took, and I have used it ever since. It was my very first professional camera ever (I had only used regular point and shoot cameras before), and I thought it was an accessible price for a well-known product. As for the moment, it has been the only one I have needed for my job as a photographer. I started out with the Canon Rebel T2i as a beginner and I never found it hard to understand. The instruction manual is basically a photography class itself, with descriptions and uses for every function! The functions are easy to access and understand, plus the image quality truly surprised me, I wasn't used to taking images that were as sharp and vivid. I have found that, compared to other cameras I have owned, this one definitely takes the most true-to-life pictures, especially in daylight. I had to purchase another lens to take better macro pictures, though, but for regular distance photos the one included works perfectly. I take it to every one of my trips and I have never regretted buying it!