Canon PowerShot SX10 IS 10.0 MP Digital Camera - Black Reviews

Canon PowerShot SX10 IS 10.0 MP Digital Camera - Black

The Canon I've been waiting for!

Dec 17, 2008
Rated Show

• Battery Life:
  • Photo Quality:
  • Shutter Lag

Pros:Wide angle to super 20x zoom
Swivel LCD
Easy to use menus/features
Beautiful picture quality

Cons:A tad heavy, but a lot lighter than a DSLR with the same zoom capability

Got this camera almost as soon as it came out, and I LOVE it!  I've had the S2 IS for 3 years and have been pretty happy with it.  Tried the Panasonic FZ18 on a trip to Alaska and was disappointed.  I missed the swivel LCD screen and ability to zoom in movie mode, so I returned the Panasonic.
The wide to super zoom feature is amazing.  They've rearranged the buttons a bit and features are easier to use.  Plus, I don't accidentally hit the "menu" button every time I pick it up, which happened all the time on the S2 IS.  The lens cap on the S2 IS was annoying, and this one drives me crazy because I have to find the two spots to push in to release it, and sometimes when I'm shooting wildlife, it delays the shot.
Other than that, I have nothing bad to say about this camera.  The battery situation doesn't bother me, because my S2 IS had the same 4 rechargeables.  They seem to last longer in the SX10 IS than my S2 IS.
This is a fantastic camera!  Beats lugging around a DSLR and lenses, plus you can take movies.

This Camera is a Good Choice if You Want Something... Flexible Enough for Enthusiasts

Ideal Kit 16GB Memory + Bts + Case + More for Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Camera Click to Enlarge the Images Transcend 16GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Car...