Capital One Auto Finance

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

Deceptive liars.

Aug 25, 2009

Pros:Seemingly easy, hassle-free financing (although I never experienced it)

Cons:Highest interest rates around.
Untrained staff.

The Bottom Line: Try your local places before you go with a giant company that has no idea what they are doing.  I would never trust Capital One.

I'll admit, I don't really like or use many banking products.  But I depend on my car for work and the Blazer I had used for the last 5 years was inching towards it's final days.  Right when I started looking at different places I received a letter from Capital One Auto Finance telling me I was pre-approved and to go to this certain dealer.  I followed up with them and did a little research online (unfortunately I did not see the epinions reviews) and it seemed fair, I was pre-approved to a certain amount and the dealer they pushed happened to have the car I wanted.  So long story short on two occasions I spoke with Capital One people on the phone to make sure that being self-employed was OK, and twice they told me that it is fine and I could provide my tax papers instead of a weekly paystub.

Lies.  I go to the dealer, test the car, it's great, sit for a couple hours while they do all of the paperwork and sign everything there.  I drove that car home that day.  Two weeks later I get a call from the dealer asking me to bring in copies of my tax papers again, Capital One was requesting them.  A couple days later I get a call saying because I was self-employed and could not provide pay stubs Capital One would not finance.  I was shocked and pretty furious but fortunately there were plenty of local options that were more than happy to finance me (and at a MUCH better rate).

I called Capital One later that day and asked them why I received the OK twice and then when it came down to it they went back on what they said and I was told that it was "standard policy" and that "the people you spoke with both told you inaccurate information, we apologize."

Capital and Finance in the Age of the Renaissance Ent (Reprints of economic classics)

The Crash of International Finance-Capital and Its Implications for the Third World eBook

Buy The Crash of International Finance-Capital and Its Implications for the Third World by Wadada Nabudere, Dani Wadada and Read this Book on Kobo's ...

Free 2 Day Shipping: Aircraft Finance: Strategies For Managing Capital Costs

Free 2 Day Shipping: Aircraft Finance: Strategies For Managing Capital Costs

Aircraft Finance: Strategies for Managing Capital Costs in a Turbulent Industry by Bijan Vasigh, Reza Taleghani, Darryl Jenkins (Hardcover)UPS 2nd Day...

Global Development Finance 2006: The Development Potential of Surging Capital Flows

How to Raise Capital: Techniques and Strategies for Financing and Valuing your S... eBook

Buy How to Raise Capital: Techniques and Strategies for Financing and Valuing your Small Business by Timmons, Jeffry and Read this Book on Kobo's Fre...

Free 2 Day Shipping: The Handbook Of Financing Growth: Strategies, Capital S

Free 2 Day Shipping: The Handbook Of Financing Growth: Strategies, Capital S

The Handbook of Financing Growth: Strategies, Capital Structure, and M A Transactions by Kenneth H. Marks, Larry E. Robbins, Gonzalo Fernandez UPS 2nd...

Handbook of Financing Growth: Strategies, Capital Structure, and M&A Transactions - Kenneth H. Marks - 9780470390153 - 0470390158

9780470390153 - 0470390158 - Kenneth H. Marks - John Wiley & Sons, Inc. - 2ND 09 Edition
Textbooks.com

Securitization, Structured Finance, and Capital Markets
e-Study Guide for Capital Budgeting and Finance: A Guide for Local Governments, ... eBook

Buy e-Study Guide for Capital Budgeting and Finance: A Guide for Local Governments, textbook by Justin Marlowe by Cram101 Textbook Reviews and Read t...

Free 2 Day Shipping: Venture Capital And The Finance Of Innovation, 2nd Edit

Free 2 Day Shipping: Venture Capital And The Finance Of Innovation, 2nd Edit

Venture Capital and the Finance of Innovation, 2nd Edition UPS 2nd Day Air is two business days.P.O. box addresses / HI / AK / PR are not eligible for...