Capital One Auto Finance

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

Hardship Policy a major joke!!!

Dec 28, 2010
Not yet rated

Pros:Can't think of a single thing.

Cons:Too numerous to mention.

The Bottom Line: Avoid Capital One Auto Finance like the plague!!!

In June 2005 my significant other and I, who were both working full time,  purchased a 2003 Chevy Malibu together. In August 2005 I had surgery and was off work for six months. During this time, my significant other became ill, unable to work and passed away in June 2006 with no life insurance or pension to leave me. Although I had returned to work before he died, I struggled to make the car payments but it was tough since my income was now half of what it had been when he was alive.

Then the stress of everything caught up with me and I started missing more and more work with my doctors finally putting me on permanent medical leave in June 2008. This took my income down again to where I only had about a quarter of the income we had when the car was originally purchased.

I asked Capital One several times if there was a hardship policy and finally they offered one. The catch? My income had to be at least $1500/month to qualify. I was on disability income of only $1200/month (less now that medicare is being taken out) so I'm not eligible.
Is that a joke or what???? Being BELOW $1500 isn't considered a hardship??? Who needs a break more than anyone else - someone below $1500 or someone above $1500???

I'm currently three months behind with threats of repossession constantly, plus phone calls two and three times a day - mostly I ignore them - telling me how much I owe and am I ready to pay the past due amounts. I'm not allowed to do any type of work at all to try and make extra money so the car may be gone in a few days because I just don't have the money to pay for it any more.

Anyway, that's my complaint about Capital (N)One and my experience with them. (At least most of the people I've spoken with speak and understand English as their first language.)

Labor, Capital, and Finance: International Flows
The Crash of International Finance-Capital and Its Implications for the Third World eBook

Buy The Crash of International Finance-Capital and Its Implications for the Third World by Wadada Nabudere, Dani Wadada and Read this Book on Kobo's ...

Business Finance in Less Developed Capital Markets by Klaus P. Fischer

Business Finance in Less Developed Capital Markets by Klaus P. Fischer

Free Delivery Worldwide : Business Finance in Less Developed Capital Markets : Hardback : ABC-CLIO : 9780313279720 : 0313279721 : 30 Dec 1992 : By bri...
BookDepository.com

Venture Capital & The Finance of Innovation

Venture Capital & The Finance of Innovation

This useful guide walks venture capitalists through the principles of finance and the financial models that underlie venture capital decisions. It pre...
e-Study Guide for Capital Budgeting and Finance: A Guide for Local Governments, ... eBook

Buy e-Study Guide for Capital Budgeting and Finance: A Guide for Local Governments, textbook by Justin Marlowe by Cram101 Textbook Reviews and Read t...

From Capital Market Efficiency to Behavioral Finance eBook

From Capital Market Efficiency to Behavioral Finance eBook

Buy From Capital Market Efficiency to Behavioral Finance by Bruetsch, Markus and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection ...

The Ruling Class: A Study of British Finance Capital
Venture Capital and Finance of Innovation - Andrew Metrick - 9780470454701 - 0470454709

9780470454701 - 0470454709 - Andrew Metrick - John Wiley & Sons, Inc. - 2ND 11 Edition
Textbooks.com