Cargo BeachBlush Blush Reviews

Cargo BeachBlush Blush

Free Shipping Nordstrom

Cargo BeachBlush in Coral Beach is beachy keen! Blush and bronzer in one.

May 21, 2012

Pros:Big compact, four shades, buildable color, long wearing, flattering, not too shimmery

Cons:Top doesn't screw on, it could come off in a bag.

The Bottom Line: Cargo BeachBlush in Coral Beach is a quad of coral and bronze shades perfect for spring and summer. Long wearing, buildable, and very pretty!

I use several Cargo Cosmetics products and like just about everything I ever bought by this brand. I adore Cargo BeachBlush in Coral Beach and am buying at least one of the other shades as well. I used to have one of these blushes but I had to toss a lot of my cosmetics out when I had an outbreak of MRSA on my cheek so I am rediscovering which products I really love and this is one!

About the Product

Imagine the perfect marriage of blush and bronzer! Four harmonious shades work together to provide perfectly flushed cheeks with a sun-drenched glow. Golden Goddess effects in a flash! Our BeachBlush has earned its status as one of CARGO’s most iconic products and even appeared as a question on Jeopardy! Packaged in our signature tin with generous surface area for easy swirling.

Manufacturer's Info

Packaging

This blush comes in a large metal tin. It's as big as my palm! The top is also metal/tin and pulls off to reveal four strips of color. The photo above shows just three but the blush actually has four color strips. In the case of Coral Beach, there are shades of coral and a deeper shade which works as a nice bronzer. There is no brush and no mirror with this blush. You just get a really BIG round compact filled with beautiful colors.

My Experience

Cargo BeachBlush Coral Beach has a blend of deep and light coral shades and one strip at the end that is decidedly bronze. If you try, you can use just one of the strips of color but it looks best when a brush is swirled into the strips and the colors are blended.

This blush is a hard packed powder type which is very pigmented. I use my blush brush and swirl it into the compact then tap my brush and apply to the apples of my cheeks upwards. I also will sweep a bit of the blush across my forehead and on my chin. This blush has a luminous effect. it isn't glittery or very shimmery but it does have a bit of sparkle. There is one shade that is completely matte but I think I prefer the slight luminous look I get with Coral Beach.

In general, I use plums and rose colors on my cheeks but I have recently realized that corals look better on my medium skin (with olive undertones). Coral looks more natural and less like I applied blush. It looks like my own skin, only healthier.

This blush is great because it can be built from just a sheer wash of color to a deeper shade. It can also be a bit deeper if one concentrates on the side where the bronze strip is.

Once I apply Cargo BeachBlush in Coral Beach, it's on for hours without fading. I do use a good makeup primer and always wear either a tinted moisturizer or light foundation. The blush doesn't look cakey or too powdery on my dry skin and it doesn't have so much shimmer that I look silly. I always hated shimmer in cosmetics and just recently have warmed up to it in lip products and eye shadows. Now, I am starting to realize that a touch of shimmer in blush can be very pretty. But only a touch. Any more than that and I feel silly at age 47 wearing sparkly makeup.

This blush has just the right amount of luminosity for my skin and it lights it right up. I plan to buy Echo Beach which is a berry bronze medley and perhaps Tenerife Beach which is the only matte quad they offer which is a warm matte peach. For now, I am very happy with the shade I have and this blush will take me right into summer with a touch of bronzer and a splash of coral.

I have never had any irritation or breakouts from this product and it washes off just fine with my usual facial cleanser. The only one complaint I guess I have is that the large compact is not small bag friendly. The top doesn't screw on but it also doesn't seem to pry or pop off. I still worry that the top may come off in my bag though. It never has but I do wish it was a screw on lid.

Ingredients

In case you are wondering what is in this blush, these are the listed ingredients. Please be sure to check the packaging before purchasing as these are subject to change at any time.

Mica , Dimethicone , Zinc Stearate , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate , Octyldodecanol , Potassium Sorbate , Sodium Benzoate , Benzyl Alcohol , Bht , Tin Oxide (+/-) CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 / CI 77492 / CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) , CI 75470 (Carmine) , CI 45410 (Red 27 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake) , CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake)

From www.cargocosmetics.com

Buying Info

You can purchase Cargo BeacBblush in Coral Beach and the five other BeachBlush shades on the Cargo website and at stores that sell higher end cosmetics on and offline. A compact is $30.00 and will last for agesssss!

Conclusion

It took me a while to decide which shade of BeachBlush I wanted to buy. I usually gravitate toward the plums and reds but I also know that corals look good on me. Having so many of the other shades, I chose Cargo BeachBlush in Coral Beach and am glad I did. The color is not orange at all. It's a very pretty coral shade that works with all skin tones. Love it. 4 stars - almost 5 but I am stingy about giving out 5 stars!

A great Cargo Set to try:

CARGO Summer '11 Mediterranean Kit

A good Cargo Lip Quad:

Cargo Lip Gloss Quad South Beach

Brand new in box.

Free Shipping + 3 Free Beauty Samples! Provides the benefits of blush and bronzer in one convenient product. Four harmonious shades in one tin work to...
Nordstrom