Carrabba's Italian Grill

Carrabba's Italian Grill is perfect for a romantic dinner.

Apr 1, 2012

• Food and Presentation:
  • Ambiance and Decor:
  • Quality of Service:

Pros:Professional service.  Good menu.

Cons:Prices are too high for the lunch crowd.

The Bottom Line: I think this would have been fantastic if we had eaten at night.  Certainly not the place to have lunch, and then do shopping, or clean the house.

We had a gift certificate to use at Outback Steakhouse, Bonefish Grill, or Carrabba's Italian Grill.  We have recently been to Outback, so yesterday decided on Carrabba's.

We had previously tried to go there, only to find out that they didn't open until 4.00 p.m.  The only day that they opened at mid-day was a Sunday.  That recently changed, so it gave us the opportunity of trying it out.

We arrived about 12.30 p.m., and were greeted upon our arrival.  We looked around, and there were only one or two tables in use.  The host took us to a booth right next to the entrance.  This was fine, as Len could see the open kitchen, and I was facing him.

Our server came out with menus, and removed 2 other place settings that weren't needed.  He took our drinks order.  We looked at the menu, and I fancied the Shrimp Scampi, and the Crab Cakes, for our appetizer.  When Sean came back with our drinks, I had decided on the Crab Cakes at $10.70.

He put that order in for us, and came back with fresh bread, and seasoned olive oil for dipping.  There was a regular menu, and a specials menu.  I decided to go for one of the specials, which was Sirloin and Crab Stuffed Shrimp @ $18.90. It came with either salad, or soup, and a side.  I chose a salad with balsamic dressing on the side, and cavatappi amatriciana.  Len never goes for anything fancy, so stuck with Lasagna @ $14, and salad with Italian on the side.  He wanted Ranch dressing, but he was out of luck.

The bread was crisp on the outside, and doughy on the inside.  It was perfect for dipping.

A few minutes later our crab cakes came out.  Len was surprised at how small they were, for the price.  They had plenty of lump crab meat in them, and had a roasted red bell pepper sauce, to the side of them.  I enjoyed the taste of mine, but Len's was gone in a couple of bites.

Our server came back and brought another diet coke for Len.  I had only just started my water.  As soon as I had finished my crab cake, he came with our salads.  They looked really fresh and crisp.  We both had the dressing on the side.  Len poured his Italian dressing on his salad, and said that it tasted okay.  I know he missed the Ranch dressing, because he didn't finish his salad.  I only ate about half of mine, as I was already getting full up.

My dinner consisted of a 'USDA Choice 7 oz. sirloin paired with three shrimp stuffed with tender jumbo lump crabmeat and peppers and topped with our lemon butter sauce' and my pasta.  Len had a medium size piece of Lasagna.

Len had no trouble eating all of the Lasagne on his plate.  I ate my 3 stuffed shrimp that tasted really good.  I cut my steak down the middle, as I had ordered it medium, with no blood.  It was red, and cold in the middle, but no blood, which surprised me.  I gave Len a slice to try as he likes his rare, and he said that the flavor was good.  I did eat a couple of thin slices of the steak, and left the rest to be boxed up.  I brought the pasta home too.

Our server did bring Len another diet coke, and a water for me.  He brought out boxes for my leftovers, and also a bag with bread, herbs, and olive oil.

We had 2 Managers come over and check on us, as well as our server coming back often.

Before leaving I needed the restrooms, so I looked around the restaurant while walking there.  There were tables in the middle, and booths along the edges.  The kitchen was open, and Len had said that he could see flames rising out of it.  Carrabba's was a typical Italian style restaurant with the usual decor.  The tables were wooden, and there was carpet on the floor.  The lighting was dim.

The toilets were spotless, as I was probably the first person to go in.  The seats were still in the up position.

I can see why this restaurant only opens early at the weekends.  For Port Richey it is a higher end restaurant, and more suitable for dinner.  Lunch costing around $50, with no alcohol, and only a diet coke, is more than we normally pay.  It was a nice experience, but I would prefer to be down in Treasure Island, eating at Britt's Coal Fire Pizza.  You get change out of $20, and so much food.

If we plan a romantic dinner, which lasts the evening, it would certainly be worth it.  We were out in 1 hour and 10 minutes.

The location we visited was:
10110 US Hwy 19N,

Thu: 4:00 PM-10:00 PM
Fri: 4:00 PM-11:00 PM
Sat: 12:00 PM-11:00 PM
Sun: 12:00 PM- 9:00 PM

Notes, Tips or Menu Recommendations The Crab Stuffed Shrimp were great.
Best Suited For: Romantic Evening

CafePress Italian Grill Master Apron

CafePress Italian Grill Master Apron

Spice up conversations in the kitchen or around the BBQ with this durable custom apron. Ideal for cooking, baking, grilling or bartending, it's perfec...
CafePress.com

Italian Grill Master Apron Drinking Glass

Italian Grill Master Apron Drinking Glass

This standard size pint glass is easy to stack with existing glasses or to mix and match with new ones. Perfect to commemorate your next event or to u...
Cafepress.com

Norpro Italian Panini Sandwich Press And Steak Chicken Grill Cast Iron

Norpro Italian Panini Sandwich Press And Steak Chicken Grill Cast Iron

Norpro Italian Panini Sandwich Press And Steak Chicken Grill Cast Iron New Product Features Measures, 8.5/21.5cm by 8.25/21cm. Made of Enamel coated C...

Lodge 10.5'' Grill Pan

Lodge 10.5'' Grill Pan

The Lodge Logic 10-1/2 Cast Iron Square Grill Pan will expand the repertoire of what is cooked on your stovetop! We proudly carry on the legacy starte...

The Holland Grill HGA300200 Half Grid HGA300200

The Holland Grill HGA300200 Half Grid HGA300200

Where else could you buy half a Holland Grill for under 60 bucks? That's essentially what you get when you buy Holland's stainless steel halfgrid. It'...
HomeClick

Lodge Logic Square Grill Skillet, 10

Lodge Logic Square Grill Skillet, 10

Create grill marks on your steaks, chicken, chops, sandwiches and more? but most important, youll love the flavors generated by this Lodge ribbed bott...
Sur La Table

Cuisinart 14 Piece Grill Tool Set with Aluminum Case Multicolor - CGS-5014

Cuisinart 14 Piece Grill Tool Set with Aluminum Case Multicolor - CGS-5014

Shop for Accessories and Parts from Hayneedle.com! The Cuisinart 14 Piece Grill Tool Set with Aluminum Case is the perfect gift for the person who kno...
Hayneedle

Lodge 7.5-in Round Cast Iron Grill Press w/ Cool Grip Spiral Handle & Hammered Finish

The Grill & Griddle Accessories model LGPR3 by Lodge. Lodge's round grill press is for use with round skillets. Nice and heavy, it works well on large...
KaTom Restaurant Supply