-35%

Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator

+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

Great Find - Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator

Oct 25, 2010

Pros:nice size, easy to use, portable, price

Cons:none for us

The Bottom Line:

I think the Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator is a nice little calculator that I would recommend to others. It is a quality, basic calculator.

My youngest needed a calculator for school. I didn’t want to purchase anything fancy or expensive because he was always loosing things. I was at Wal-Mart checking out the office supplies when I came across the Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator. This looked the perfect calculator for a sixth grader. It was a basic calculator and it was cheap. I picked it up and my son and I have been using it for six months.

The Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator measures 5 x 3 and weighs about six ounces. It is lightweight and easy to use. It is small enough to fit in your hand. Because of its size it is also easy to carry in your backpack or pocketbook. The SL-300SV comes with a vinyl covering which is just a basic cover.  It is black with the words Casio on the front and a flap on the inside of the covering. It makes for a nice protector for the calculator.

The Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator is an eight digit calculator. The calculator has a nice size screen which is bright and the numbers are large. This makes it easy to use and see.

The features of the Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator are independent memory, percent, profit margin, square root key, change sign, and constants of plus, minus, times and divide. The pad also consists of numbers from one through nine, a clear button, an AC button and an off key.

The power source for the Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator is solar with a battery backup. The SL-300SV does have an auto power off which is nice because my son is notorious for not turning things off. This saves on the battery.

The face of the Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator is light gray in color with the keys being a darker gray except the C and AC buttons which are mauve/pinkish.

The keys on the Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator are a decent size and are easy to use. Neither my son nor I have problems using the keys.

To use the Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator you turn the calculator on by pushing the AC button. You then do your work and when you are finished, you hit the off button.

My son uses the Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator a lot for homework and I have used it to balance my checkbook. The calculator is always ready to go with a touch of a key.

I purchased the Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator at Wal-Mart for $4.99. I thought this was a good price for a reliable calculator. I know in the future he will need a better calculator for school, but for now, this one is perfect and gets the job done.

I think the Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator would make a great addition to an office, school or for home use. It a small calculator you can take and use anywhere.

Now we have only had the Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator for about six months but it does not show any signs of wear. I have no idea how long it will last but for the price, I really don’t mind having to replace it after a few years.

The Casio SL-300SV Basic Calculator is not a scientific calculator. It is what it says it is, a basic calculator. Nothing fancy, just a plain and simple calculator.

Purchase Price: 4.99

The perfect choice for home or office. Easy-to-read Big Display. Solar Plus Power with battery backup. Power Source(s): Battery; Solar; Display Notati...
8 DIGITS WITH LARGE, EASY-TO-READ DISPLAY INDEPENDENT MEMORY CONSTANTS FOR +, -, X, / SOLAR POWERWarranty: 1-Year Warranty
The Casio SL-300 Wallet Style Pocket Calculator is great for basic computing needs at home or in the office. It features a large, easy-to-read display...
Casio SL300VE Basic Calculator - 8 Character(s) - Solar, Battery Powered