After SONY great ultra zoom camera - the DSC-R1, the new Casio EXILIM Pro EX-F1 is the next SLR-like camera with CMOS sensor. However, good guys from Casio made a clever step with this gadget. They do not want to run for useless mega pixels and put 6.6 million total pixels into 1/1.8 inch sensor. As a result, the Casio EX-F1 can shoot at an ultra fast speed - 60 frames per second.
Recommend this product?
Casio EXILIM Pro EX-F1 specifications
- Sensor: 1/1.8-inch high-speed CMOS Type CCD
- Pixels: 6.6 million total; 6.0 million effective
- Image sizes: 2816 x 2112, 2816 x 1872 (3:2), 2816 x 1586 (16:9), 2304 x 1728, 2048 x 1536, 1600 x 1200, 640 x 480
- STD Movies: 640 × 480 (30 fps)
- HD Movies: 1920 × 1080 (FHD HQ/FHD Normal, 60 fields per second), 1280 × 720 (HD LP, 30 fps)
- Hi-Speed Movies: 512 × 384 (300 fps), 432 × 192 (600 fps), 336 × 96 (1200 fps)
- File formats: Still: RAW (DNG 1), JPEG (Exif Version 2.2), DCF 1.0 standard, DPOF compliant; Movie: MOV format, H.264/AVC, IMA-ADPCM (stereo)
- Lens: 12 lenses in 9 groups, including aspherical lens Approx. 36 to 432mm 35mm equiv. (12x Zoom) F2.7 (W) to 4.6 (T)
- Image stabilization: Sensor-shift
- Operating Speed: High-speed Continuous Shutter: Maximum is 60 frames per second; Flash Continuous Shutter: Maximum is 7 frames per second
- 2.8-inch wide TFT color LCD (Super Clear LCD), 230,160 dots (959 × 240)
- USB/AV port, HDMI Mini Connector (output), hot shoe, external microphone jack, AC adaptor connection (DC-IN); USB : Hi-Speed USB
- Weight (no batt) 671g
- Dimensions 127.7 (W) x 79.6 (H) x 130.1 (D)mm
In my opinion, Casio can make much more interesting SLR-like camera than Canon S5 IS or Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3. What is more, the Casio EXILIM Pro EX-F1 is a right choice for those, who need fast digital camera for pets, kids and sport shooting. Moreover, this gadget is not bad for those, who do not want to busy oneself with huge SLR cameras and swapping lenses. There is just one trouble: the Casio EX-F1 costs much more than the Canon S5 IS or even great Fujifilm S9600. However, I hope that declared price about $1000 should be reduced. Or else this gadget cannot be attractive for consumers.
For more details be my guest at http://fototramp.blogspot.com/
Read all comments (3)
Amount Paid (US$): overpriced
This Camera is a Good Choice if You Want Something... Flexible Enough for Enthusiasts