Celestial Seasonings Holiday Teas Candy Cane Lane Decaffeinated Green Holiday Tea 20 tea bags

The Tea That Turned Me Into The Grocery Store Stalker :Candy Cane Lane Tea

Feb 17, 2008

Pros:delicious, intense flavor

Cons:seasonal, hard to find rest of the year, ADDICTING

The Bottom Line: This is one addicting tea. Like liquid Chocolate Covered Mint Girl Scout Cookies- CANDY CANE LANE is euphoric! Very health promoting too.

It starts in September- on the first cold streak of nights that we have.

I wander over to the cupboard and begin to peruse my tea.

"What shall I have?", I say.

I flip through my carefully organized stash and then I see it.

My hands start to shake.

My heart beats faster.

I open the bag and sniff-----Ahhhhhh.

Once it grabs hold of my senses, I race to the teapot and begin to boil water, rocking back and forth with great excitement.

Once the water is boiled, I let it cool down slightly and then steep, sneaking occasional whiffs from the teapot spout.

When the time is up, I quickly pour the tea into the cup getting drunk on the fumes. Honey is deposited into my cup and careful stirring assures that the tea will not be too cooled off so that I can savor the experience just one moment longer.

And then it happens. Euphoria.

Like drinking liquified Chocolate Mint Girl Scout Cookies, CANDY CANE LANE TEA from CELESTIAL SEASONINGS grabs my senses and won't let go again until spring.

There is a problem, however. This tea is limited edition and they only display it for about 3 months during the year. It is up to you to stockpile enough to last until the following year or- YOU LOSE.

Such is the fate that I have endured for the last few years since its arrival on the US holiday scene.

WHAT IS CANDY CANE LANE MADE OF?

There are precious few teas that I get this excited over- and it only lasts from autumn until spring. It is the kind of tea that you can sit and drink an entire pot of if you are in the mood for chocolate mint cookies for dessert and don't have any or don't want the calories of them.

Here is what Celestial Seasonings web site says about this tea:

Candy Cane LaneŽ Holiday Tea

What could be better than the delectable taste of an old-fashioned candy cane—the memorable flavor of cool luscious peppermint that is such a delight. Now you can have this lip-smacking taste without visiting the candy store. Candy Cane Lane is an irresistible blend of peppermint, creamy vanilla and just a touch of cinnamon and sweet blackberry leaves. Best of all, it's made with antioxidant-rich decaffeinated green tea. So you can enhance your health while you enjoy your treat. The combination is sure to bring a smile to your lips.

About the Tea

100% NATURAL.
This product contains all-natural ingredients and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives.

This product contains zero calories.

INGREDIENTS:

Ingredients: Peppermint leaves, decaffeinated green tea, orange peel, natural vanilla and mint flavors with other natural flavors, cinnamon, milk thistle, blackberry leaves, roasted carob, roasted chicory and vanilla bean.

Gluten free.

I want to point out that milk thistle is a cleansing herb so you might find that when you first start drinking this tea you might have to make a few trips to the bathroom. It is known for cleansing the liver from toxins.

Green tea is an excellent antioxidant source, and the other ingredients support this performance as well. GREAT combination not only for flavor but for health reasons as well.

HOW TO BREW

This tea has green tea in it, which means that the best way to get its peak flavor is to boil water, warm the pot or cup with hot water then empty it out.

Let the boiling water sit for a moment and then put in the tea bag(s).

Steep for 3 minutes and then remove the tea bag.

Although that is traditionally the best way to brew green tea, this particular green tea can take about 5 minutes before you should remove the bag.

Just keep it warm while it brews by putting it in a tea cozy or under a hat.

Without honey as a sweetener, this tea will taste boring, however the honey really brings out the flavor perfectly.

FINAL COMMENTS

I see on Celestial Seasonings' site that they claim that you can buy this tea online, but I have tried through the year to purchase CANDY CANE LANE TEA and was told that there is no way to get it until the holiday season displays hit in the fall.

Each year I have planned my purchase carefully, and each year, I never buy enough. This time around, I was told that they had plenty of tea at the local CVS store for me to buy once payday hit.

A few days later, I went down there all set to buy, and I was told- "Oh, they marked them down and they sold out in one day"

I almost had a coronary.

So, I am destined to spend another fall time, stalking the grocery stores waiting for another supply of CANDY CANE LANE TEA and hopefully I won't be financially strapped so I can buy a case this time!

MORE INFORMATION

Although you can purchase CANDY CANE LANE TEA at most grocers and this past Christmas season even at CVS, you can find more information here:

Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Holiday Tea 20 ct, 6 pk

Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Holiday Tea 20 ct, 6 pk

Find coffee, tea and chocolate drinks at Target.com! Celestial seasonings candy cane holiday tea 20 ct, 6 pk

Candy Cane Lane Decaffeinated Holiday Tea, Celestial Seasonings, Pack Of 6

Candy Cane Lane Decaffeinated Holiday Tea, Celestial Seasonings, Pack Of 6

Candy Cane Lane Decaffeinated Holiday Tea from Celestial Seasonings What could be better than the delectable taste of an old-fashioned candy cane -- t...

Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Holiday Decaf Green Tea 20-Count (Pack of 6) - For more than 40 years we've made all-natural teas that are good f...
Candy Cane Lane Decaffeinated Holiday Tea (1 Box) by Celestial Seasonings

Candy Cane Lane Decaffeinated Holiday Tea (1 Box) by Celestial Seasonings

What could be better than the delectable taste of an old-fashioned candy cane -- the memorable flavor of cool luscious peppermint that is such a delig...
4AllVitamins

Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Green Holiday Tea decaf (Seasonal Item) 20 Bags

Candy Cane Lane Green Holiday Tea decaf (Seasonal Item) by Celestial Seasonings 20 Bags Candy Cane Lane Green Holiday Tea decaf (seasonal item-Availab...
Candy Cane Lane & Sweet Harvest Pumpkin Holiday Tea Celestial Seasonings Lot

Candy Cane Lane & Sweet Harvest Pumpkin Holiday Tea Celestial Seasonings Lot

Mixed lot of Fall Winter Teas by celestial seasonings.They are factory sealed.You will be receive:1 box of Candy Cane Lane-best before date 08/30/2015...

Candy Cane Lane Decaffeinated Holiday Tea (Pack of 6) by Celestial Seasonings

Candy Cane Lane Decaffeinated Holiday Tea (Pack of 6) by Celestial Seasonings

4AllVitamins

Wholesale Celestial Seasonings Holiday Green Tea - Candy Cane Lane - Decaffeinated - Case of 6 - 20 Bag, [Food, Tea]

Wholesale Celestial Seasonings Holiday Green Tea - Candy Cane Lane - Decaffeinated - Case of 6 - 20 Bag, [Food, Tea...

Wholesale Price -- -- 100% Natural Teas -- -- Naturally Decaffeinated -- -- Kosher -- -- Gluten Free -- -- Healthy Teas, Healthy Planet, Healthy You! ...
Celestial Seasonings(R) Southern Sweet Perfect Iced Tea K-Cups(R), 0.69 Oz., Box Of 16

Bold, black tea with a generous helping of natural cane sugar A distinctively Southern approach to sweet tea. Each K-Cup has a built-in coffee filter ...
Office Depot

Holiday Tea Sampler by Celestial Seasonings

Holiday Tea Sampler by Celestial Seasonings

A great gift for the tea drinker on your holiday shopping list, this includes one box (20 tea bags per box) of each of the following 100% Natural teas...