Ace Hardware Cerama Bryte Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner (88100)

Cooktop Cleaners That Work!

Nov 3, 2010

Pros:Cleans and makes cooktops shiny and looking like new

Cons:None

The Bottom Line:

Restores a cooktop to it's like new shine.

Over the past three and a half weeks I have pretty much taken control of my daughters household.  She was on bed rest at the end of her pregnancy, and now we have a newborn to care for.

I have been doing the cleaning, laundry, and the cooking, but I admit I had a difficult time adjusting to their Samsung stove with a ceramic cooktop.  My entire adult like I have cooked on gas stoves, and after using her Samsung for a week, the black ceramic top was covered with streaks (caused from my washing it off with a dishcloth).

After asking my son-in-law what they use to clean the cooktop, he handed me a bottle of Cerama Bryte Glass-Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner.  The bottle states that this is the "#1 Formula in the World".

The manufacturer, Golden Ventures, recommends you let the surface cool before attempting to clean it.  Once the surface has cooled down, you should then remove any burned on foods with a "Scraping Blade".  There was indeed some sausage gravy that had burned onto the top of the stove, but I didn't use a scraping blade, I used a yellow colored Cerama Bryte Cleaning Pad.

As directed, I shook the bottle, then squirted it onto the surface of the stove top, then rubbed it in with a damp dishcloth.  Note that you should not use anything abrasive here, or you risk damaging the surface of your cooktop (not necessarily because of the cleaner itself, but because of the abrasive tools being used).

Cerama Bryte Glass-Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner reminds me a little bit of another similar type of cleaner called Soft Scrub.  The Cerama Bryte comes out in a medium thick stream of white liquid, but it smells much better than Soft Scrub.  There is a mild minty scent that I really like, but it isn't noticeable unless you stick you nose into the bottle.

My daughter explained to me that this bottle of Cerama Bryte came with their new Samsung stove, and she has not tried any cleaners on it other than this one.  The first time I cleaned the stove top with this cleaner I applied a little too much of it, and this resulted in my having to remove some excess with a paper towel before I could wipe it down with a soft, dry rag to make the surface shiny and looking like new.  The difference in the "before and after" was quite amazing.

It took some scrubbing, followed by some drying and buffing, but the end result was a stove top that looked almost like new.  I was pretty impressed.  I am not sure how well the cleaner would work by itself, I really like the combination of using the Cerama Bryte cleaner and Cerama Bryte Cleaning Pads.  The pads are slightly abrasive, but still seem very gentle.

My daughters stove top has a large flat surface, and I noticed that one section had become dry before I cleaned the entire area.  Because of this, I think it works better to break the cleaning up into four equal sections and do one at a time.  I had to go back and add some moisture to the product, then scrub and wipe the surface again to get it free of residue.

Taking a quick peek at the company website, they claim this cleaner can be used on all radiant and halogen cooktops.  They also claim that GE recommends it, and that it can be used on other brands such as Amana, Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Hotpoint, Kenmore, Admiral, Maytag, Tappan, Viking, and Jenn Air cooktops.

Cerama Bryte can be used to clean other surfaces as well, such as faux marble, sinks that are made from porcelain or stainless steel, and stainless steel cookware.

I am not sure what ingredients it contains, other than citric acid, but the manufacturer does claim that it is readily biodegradable.  The bottle does warn users to keep it out of the reach of children, and that it is an eye irritant.  Another warning is to be sure you do not use other cleaners or household chemicals with Cerama Bryte.

Based on my experience with Cerama Bryte over the past few weeks, I would recommend this cleaner.

GE Cerama Bryte Granite Cleaner

GE Cerama Bryte Granite Cleaner

Cerama Bryte Granite Cleaner cleans, polishes and helps protect sealed stone and solid-surface counter tops.

Cerama Bryte 44612 Stainless Steel Polishing Cloth

Cerama Bryte 44612 Stainless Steel Polishing Cloth

Works great with CERAMA BRYTE Stainless Steel Cleaning Polish & ConditionerLeaves a streak-free finish on stainless steel appliancesIncludes 2 cloths ...
FridgeFilters.com

Household Cerama Bryte Burnt On Grease Remover Home Bar Kitchen Gift

Household Cerama Bryte Burnt On Grease Remover Home Bar Kitchen Gift

Quickly and easily removes difficult burnt-on grease deposits on all glass-ceramic cooktops. Removes burnt-on olive oil, cooking oil, and bacon grease...

Range Kleen Cerama Bryte Stovetop Cleaning Kit - Set of 3

Range Kleen Cerama Bryte Stovetop Cleaning Kit - Set of 3

Find household cleaners at Target.com! The perfect cleaning combination for smooth top ranges, this set belongs in every home. the scraper is great fo...

GE Cerama Bryte Burnt-On Grease Remover

GE Cerama Bryte Burnt-On Grease Remover

Conquer the toughest oil and grease deposits with the non-abrasive Cerama Bryte Burnt-On Grease Remover that won t damage glass-ceramic cook tops.

GVI28001 - CERAMA BRYTE 28121 Scraper & Pad Combo

GE Cerama Bryte Garbage Disposal Cleaner

GE Cerama Bryte Garbage Disposal Cleaner

Cerama Bryte Garbage Disposal Cleaner removes foul odors and keeps your disposal and drains smelling fresh with a just-cleaned scent.

Page 1 2 3    Next >>