Chanel Inimitable Multi Dimensional Mascara Reviews

Chanel Inimitable Multi Dimensional Mascara

CHANEL Inimitable waterproof mascara in 10 Noir

Sep 1, 2013

Pros:Natural finish, stays put all day, easy to apply

Cons:price

The Bottom Line: This mascara defines, lengthens, provides volume, and dries to a natural finish that stays put all day.

I wear contact lenses and have very sensitive eyes which periodically become teary.  I have always had to wear waterproof mascara.  I prefer a natural look and typically only wear mascara on my upper lashes.  A couple of years ago I received a makeover at a Chanel event and discovered Chanel’s Inimitable waterproof mascara and fell head over heals in love.

Here is what Chanel writes about this mascara on their website, “The mascara that delivers it all -- volume, length, curl and precise separation -- in a long-wearing, waterproof formula that won't flake or smudge. Pro-Vitamin B5 hydrates and conditions lashes to keep them supple and healthy-looking. A unique brush design provides perfect definition of lashes, even the finest.”

The biggest problems I have with other waterproof mascara is that so many of them leave my lashes looking quite dry.  The other problem I run into is just that they don’t really separate and define my lashes and it takes a lot of work to get them to look natural yet more defined the way I like.

Chanel Inimitable waterproof mascara is typically only available in shade 10 Noir which is black.  I have dark brown hair so this works just fine for me.  They do offer limited edition colors and currently the limited edition choices are Zest which is bright yellow and Aqua which is light aqua blue.

The mascara comes in a lovely glossy black square tube with a gold toned band around the middle and it is slightly fatter in the center than on the ends.  The tube is about 4.5 inches long and retails for $30.  The applicator on the end of the wand looks like it is made of tiny rubbery spikes.  There really isn’t much of a scent or smell to this mascara that I notice.

This mascara is so easy and quick for me to apply.  I just swipe it on and it instantly separates and defines my lashes without any clumps.  It provides just enough added length and volume so that the lashes look better but not so much that they look unnatural.  It does provide some slight curling but I prefer to just use my eyelash curler first.  The mascara dries quickly and happily dries to a very natural finish that doesn’t look or feel dry at all.  It stays put no matter what throughout the day.  In the past I have noticed some of my under-eye creams have caused my mascara to melt but Inimitable waterproof doesn’t smudge, smear, fade, or flake all day no matter what I do.  My teary eyes don’t phase it at all.  It has not in any way irritated my sensitive eyes.  I can wear it even late into the night and it doesn’t bother my eyes at all.  I just don’t think I could ask for anything more from a waterproof mascara.

When it is time to remove this mascara at night I simply use a dual/bi phase type eye makeup remover and it comes off without a problem.  I really can’t find anything wrong with Chanel Inimitable waterproof mascara beyond the $30 price tag.  I would love to find a less expensive replacement for it but so far nothing I’ve tried has matched it.

Ingredients:
Isododecane, Cera Alba (Beeswax), VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Aqua (Water), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Paraffin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Polyethylene, Alcohol Denat., PEG-22/Dodecyl Glycol Copolymer, Polybutene, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl Myristyl Ether, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Citrate, Chlorphenesin, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Ethylparaben [ /- (May contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289(Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Chanel Extracils Super Curl Mascara 12 Brun 0.21 oz

Chanel Extracils Super Curl Mascara 12 Brun 0.21 oz

Chanel Eye Care - 0.21 oz Extracils (Super Curl Mascara)

Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Creme Make Up SPF 15 by Chanel Beige 30g