-27%

Chat and Count Phone (LeapFrog) - 7603521A

Free Shipping Target
+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com
+$4.99 shipping Quill.com

Leapfrog Chat & Count Cell Phone- Great toy phone for my one year old!

Mar 23, 2012

Pros:fun phone, cute music

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: This phone is a great phone for little ones to have. We would recommend it highly to others.

When I was Christmas shopping for my then 10 month old this past Christmas I went exploring in the Leapfrog aisle. I was so excited to find this purple cell phone. My daughter had just taken a liking to my blackberry (which is a similar color) and would try to snatch it from my purse. So, this was partially an attempt for her to leave my phone alone, but I also thought this looked fun and I was hoping she would enjoy it.

Leapfrog Chat & Count Cell Phone

This phone is not too big and is purple in color. Just like with any regular phone this has the 0-9 number keys. When one of those keys are pressed there is a tone and then it says the number and a funny animation that has to do with that number. There is a music button that has four songs/instrumentals. Finally there is also a call button which when pressed you can do pretend play activities (like listening to voicemails). There is more than 15 activities.

This phone also has an off/soft/loud switch which is nice to be able to adjust the sound of this toy.

Age recommendation

This toy is recommended for children ages 18 months and older. My child is a bit younger than that but still enjoys it a lot. She has no trouble pressing the buttons or manipulating this toy.

Cost

This phone costs around $15-$20.

Batteries

This toy needs 3 AAA batteries to run. Batteries were included but the directions suggest to replace for in home use.

Our experience

She was so excited when she opened this toy and this excitement has continued several months later. This is a toy she plays with everyday. Even if this is hidden with her other toys she still manages to find this one. The music on this is cute and I really like that it has a different tone for each of the numbers. Even though my child is younger than the recommended age she does well with this toy and I can't imagine her not having it.

As for my cell phone, she still goes after it when she sees it. But I can trade with her by giving her this phone and she will give up mine for hers.

Overall

This is a great toy and my daughter plays with this toy everyday. We would highly recommend this to others.

The LeapFrog Chat and Count Phone lets your kids sing along to songs as they learn numbers, counting and telephone routines. Your children can explore...
Find pretend electronic toys at Target.com! Fun learning in a smart little phone! Sing along to songs about counting and phone routines, explore more ...

Enjoy fun learning in a smart little phone with the LeapFrog Chat Count Phone Sing along to songs about counting and phone routines, explore more than...
Toys R Us
Sing along to songs about counting and phone routines, explore more than 15 phone activities and call on Scout for learning fun as you trade calls and...
Quill.com